We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

i am planning a trip with my boyfriend and teenage daughters. we are going the last week in april.

i am considering barcelona for 4 nights at the arts hotel and then possibly the marbella club for 3 nights.

however, we wanted to go to the allahambra and i also was considering staying at la bobadilla for 1 night. any suggestions.

also are we missing out by not going to seville.

Lake Vinuela...
reviews: 22
1. Re: distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

Would personally sugest Barcelona and Andalucia as two completely separate holidays.

If you have to combine the two I would certainly change your itinerary to just a couple of nights in Barca and the rest down here - Andalucia has so much more to see.

The Alhambra (Granada) is a good 2 hours drive from Marbella and it would be a shame to miss Seville.

Benalmadena Pueblo
reviews: 1
2. Re: distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

I agree entirely with the last post. Both the Alhambra and Seville are day trips from Marbella. The Alhambra must be prebooked as there is a quota system for entry, your journey will take 2 hours, parking at the Alhambra is good, just follow the ring road around Granada, it is well signposted. Seville is around 3 hours drive with a comfort stop but is easy motorway driving. Post again nearer the time for more updated information and full directions.

new york
3. Re: distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

so if we did 4 nights in barcelona and 3 nights at the marbella club- we could get a driver to drive us to the allahambra from the marbella club and spend another day in seville. or do you suggest staying in seville and the alfonso and driving to the allahambra from there and skipping marbella. what is the weather like in marbella at the end of july. thank you so much for you help. amy

Lake Vinuela...
4. Re: distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

Weather in Marbella very hot end of July - in mid to high 30s Celcius. Seville hotter still - often over 40 degrees.

You could do the Alhambra from either Marbella or Seville - not much difference distance wise. A tiring 2 hour or more journey from either.

Still think you need more than 3 nights in Andalucia. You will lose the best part of a day travelling down from Barcelona - an hours flight plus wasted time spent before your flight at the Airport then transfer down to Marbella.

new york
5. Re: distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

well we only have 7 nights over spring break for my kids. so i think that we will do barcelona for 4 nights and then down to marbella for 3nights, and get a driver to take us to the allehambra.

we are going the end of april, will it be warm enough to sit by the pool.

also what day trips should we do from marbella- one of which will be the allehambra

Lake Vinuela...
6. Re: distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

Weather should be very pleasant at the end of April - certainly warm enough for sitting by the pool. Will be a little warmer down here than in Barcelona.

Regarding your trip to Granada, make sure you pre-book your tickets for the Alhambra to save queuing for a long time. These can be reserved at www.grupobbva.com/alhambra - by the way, note the correct spelling of Alhambra is required not the way you have been spelling it. Make sure that you book a time slot that allows you adequate time to get to the Alhambra - you have to enter the Nasrid Palace within this half hour time slot and if you miss it access will be refused. You can spend all day in any other parts of the Alhambra.

For such a short stay, and considering the length of journey you have to do to go to Granada, I would keep your other excursions close to your Marbella base. Ronda is spectacular and only a short distance away, and I am sure your teenagers would love a day at Puerto Banus to go people spotting.

Have a great trip - am sure you will want to return to Andalucia in the future.

P.S. Keep a very close eye on your personal belongings (purse/wallet etc.) in Barcelona. If anyone stops you to ask directions just keep walking - it is a well known pickpockets ploy there.

new york
7. Re: distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

thank you sooooooo much for the fabulous information. where do you reside.. can you answer some questions about italy.. also shall i fly from barcelona down to the airport by marbella or take a driver

Lake Vinuela...
8. Re: distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

We live in Andalucia, some 2 hours drive east of Marbella. Sorry. don´t have any info on Italy.

You will have to fly down from Barcelona to Malaga - non-stop car journey takes a minimum of 13 hours and would cost a fortune by taxi! Click Air are currently ioffering the lowest flight prices. Flight time is around an hour.

From Malaga Airport you can either get an express bus to Marbella - takes 45 minutes - or get a taxi. Bus may not take you anywhere near your accommodation though as many complexes are well out of Marbella centre.

Kingston Upon Thames
reviews: 66
9. Re: distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

Just respodning to the La Bobadilla part of your post. It is an utterly wonderful hotel with fantastic food, staff, setting, everything. Not the cheapest at $350+ per room per night (all rooms are great, but junior suites are wonderful).

One night will leave you wanting more though, particularly pool-side and general recharging of batteries. Have been to Marbella Club and great setting but not in the same league as Bobadilla. Suggest you increase Bobadilla by a night and take a night off Marbella.

10. Re: distance from marbella to the allahambra...............

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 17, 2009