We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment suggestions in Old Town 7th Feb

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dakar, Senegal
reviews: 134
Apartment suggestions in Old Town 7th Feb

Hi Everyone,

Just a point in the right direction if you can..

I have written away to several apartments on the homeaway website, in fact 4 properties all showing available...and nothing, no reponse, tried again, still no answer, have tried another website, still no courtesy response, even though all the calenders were seemingly up-to date, I'm a little nervous at hiring a car, so wanted a 2bedroom apartment in Old Town, walking distance to places to eat and shop...looking for a good standard...tried booking.com but the properties are not so central, any suggestions?

Can't believe everything is full?

cheers and appreciate any tips..looking for 7-10days.

London
reviews: 42
1. Re: Apartment suggestions in Old Town 7th Feb

I have rented wonderful, clean, safe and really centrally located apartments through Linglyn Travel for over 5 years now, so I can recommend them with confidence. The only thing is I don't know if they have any apartments actually in the old town itself, but the apartments I have rented have literally been a mere 5 - 10 very leisurely walk to the old town. Take a look at Linglyn's website, they have photographs of each and every apartment on their books, even the view from the balcony to help you choose what may suit you best. Some of the apartments I have rented have been in the Skol building, right on the seafront or the Parque Building nearby. The old town is a very pleasant stroll from there along the sea front called the Paseo Maritmo (with lots of great restaurants and bars) then up across Avenida del Mar with its wonderful Salvador Dali sculptures, into the charming little park at the top then cross the main road at the traffic lights and there's the old town. Des who runs Linglyn has a wealth of knowledge of the area and will be able to advise you if you have any questions, such as arranging transport for you from and back to the airport if you don't want to rent a car during your stay.

Edited: 5:01 am, January 26, 2013
Dakar, Senegal
reviews: 134
2. Re: Apartment suggestions in Old Town 7th Feb

Thank you, Kik, I will try Linglyn's website direct I had previously contacted them via homeaway...and had no response.

Thank you for your tips, greatly appreciated.

London
3. Re: Apartment suggestions in Old Town 7th Feb

Thanks Wendy, I was only talking to Des at Linglyn yesterday on the telephone, as I was checking the availability of my favourite apartment in the Parque Building, which I have now booked for the first week of October! Can't wait! So he's there at the helm at Linglyn's office in Leeds UK, available to offer any suggestions and advice if you need it. Good luck and a wonderful holiday in Spain!

London
4. Re: Apartment suggestions in Old Town 7th Feb

Sorry, I meant to say 'and have a wonderful holiday in Spain'!

5. Re: Apartment suggestions in Old Town 7th Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 01, 2014