We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 8
Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

My easyjet flight arrives at Malaga airport in October at 16.10 and the Portillo bus departs at 17.15 from the airport to Marbella.If I miss that bus will I be able to find a Resorthoppa desk at the airport for an alternative bus to Marbella?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
1. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

Currently the Marbella Portillo bus leaves the airport at 17.00, 17.45 and 18.45. I don't know about the planned schedule for October. Portillo also do an express bus from Malaga city bus station in case you find a better time.

http://www.ctsa-portillo.com

Flanders
reviews: 39
2. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

Can you buy tickets on the bus or do you need to buy them in advance at the desk?

London, United...
3. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

Thanks,I got the times from the new Winter Timetable which starts Ist October and I believe the tickets are bought directly from the bus driver and from the Marbella ticket office on the return journey.The one way tickets cost about 4.4 euros and it is also recommended that because of queues at the Marbella ticket office that you be there at least 15 minutes before the bus leaves.

Is there anyone who knows if there is a resorthoppa desk at Malaga Airport please?

Marbella, Spain
4. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

If you miss that one due to flight delays then they are roughly every hour so wouldn´t be worth getting on another bus into Malaga and then trying to sort something out there. There´s a nice new bar outside the terminal by the new bus stop so the perfect way to start your stay!

Current cost is 4,51€ each (single) and you pay the driver at the airport and the return is via the ticket desk (never known of queues there but better safe than sorry I guess)

Out of interest where did you get the new timetable from, haven´t seen one published yet?

London, United...
5. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

I had a look on the Portillo bus company website which did not show the Winter timetable,then I went to gomarbella which shows departures from 1/10 to 30/6.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
6. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

chester - that web site is excellent but it may not have been updated - for example the arrivals at Terminal 3 is not mentioned yet. So it is good to check on the Portillo or http://www.avanzabus.com/web/?lang=en site nearer your arrival date. You never know, the frequency may change next winter.

Marbella, Spain
7. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

Looks old to me too, the price is wrong for a start!

Check on the official Portillo site nearer the time for correct timings, don´t rely on those sites

London, United...
8. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

The Portillo website is now showing a timetable from 1 September for buses from Malaga airport to Marbella.Will that cover the period up to next Summer?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
9. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

I cannot see any timetable for Malaga Airport to Marbella from September. I can see one from Malaga city. I would suggest that you research the timetable a little nearer your day of travel. if you need to know now I would propose that you email Portillo directly and ask for the bus times on your date.

Their email and phone numbers are on this:

http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/atencion.html

London, United...
10. Re: Bus from Malaga airport to Marbella

I found the timetable on the Portillo website by going to the Marbella heading.