We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
reviews: 10
Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

Returned from a holiday - we had to move to a hotel as our villa was a disaster and we had no electric, no heating and no running water. We had 2 small children. We were taken to villa on the first night and had a really freezing first night, then the electric went out and there ws no running water, just brown water. Men came to fix it but said it would take 10 minutes, hours later nothing had changed. Paul from Crystal never came to see us at the villa to check out the problems. This villa had not been checked prior to our arrival. It will be difficult to get a refund. I wouldn't recommend them at all.

Bournemouth
reviews: 1
1. Re: Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

Hello! I have just posted a full review about this terrrible terrible company. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. More importantly - they do not give you a written rental agreement - something that all decent letting agencies do. No rental agreement means that you have no rights whatsoever, and they can do what they like with no consequences. Avoid any letting agency that does not give you a written rental agreement - and as for Crystal Rentals Spain - avoid them like the plague!

We are now formally complaining about them to HomeAwayholidayrentals.com as we saw the villa on their website. They say that Paul's great and no-one else has ever complained to them about Paul before! So anyone out there that have had a bad experience when getting their villa with Paul via this website - please complain to them!

These kinds of people shouldn't be able to rip people off!

Northern Ireland
reviews: 10
2. Re: Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

Sorry you went through the same experience. There was no customer service at all.

New London...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

We have just returned from a villa booked through Crystal Rentals and it was a disaster we are now being accused of breaking all the things that were wrong with the house and being refused a refund on our deposit. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!

Chicago
4. Re: Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

The company Crystal Rentals Spain is now called Hilton Villas and they have been offering terrible service to foreign travelers. The reviews all over the internet are terrible and so I think to avoid the effects of being a terrible service company, they are changing their name, hoping to dodge all the bad press!

the new contact info is info@hiltonvillas.co.uk

Beware of Crystal Rentals Spain and any house rented by Hilton Villas on holiday villas rental websites.

There's no excuse for their actions.

Redcar, United...
5. Re: Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

Hello guys we have booked a holiday with these guys but we have only payed the deposit (700) these reviews are makeing us very un easy and dont really know how to go about it do you have any advice

Redcar, United...
6. Re: Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

This is the website www.hiltovillas.co.uk

London, United...
7. Re: Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

Hi all,

My family & I booked a villa with CrystalRentals last Sept 2010. We paid the 'huge' deposit and were due to settle the rental cost by Feb 2011. (The holiday was in April 2011) It was at this point that alarm bells started ringing. Once I'd sent the money, I had to email 3 or 4 times for confirmation it was received.

On arrival, Paul arranged to meet us at a petrol station to guide us to the property. When he finally arrived, he informed us that he hadn't wanted to ruin our family holiday (it was a family holiday for my mothers 60th, and there were 12 of us including two small children), but the villa we had booked had been repossessed the week before!!!

He told me not to worry as he'd arranged for a replacement villa.

When we got there, it was miles from Marbella centre (he'd previously assured me it was central and walking distance to supermarket and beach & bars). My mother was practically house bound for the week because she suffers from leukaemia and isnt very mobile.

The villa also only had 5 bedrooms. We'd booked a 6 bed. My uncle, who is 70, had to sleep on the landing on a sofa bed.

Added to this, the whole place hadnt been touched for weeks. There was dirt everywhere, broken glass on the kitchen floor, used cigarretes in the kitchen sink & opened condom packets in draws. The pool was filthy and the barbeques were rusty and a health hazard. Added to this, the electricity went off frequently and we had no hot water for 2 days solid. The pool flooded and the car port door didnt work and was held secure by putting a screwdriver into a hole in the wall to stop anyone from being able to get into the grounds.

I had to call, at my own expense, just to get anything done to correct some of these problems.

When I requested my deposit back, they have witheld €100.00 claiming a window had been broken but have provided no photo evidence.

I have requested compensation for the above, but they claim they 'did all they could and went the extra mile' blah blah blah.

In addition to this, the villa they said had been repossessed is still being advertised to rent on their site and others, such as Ownersdirect. I got a friend of mine to email CrystalRentals/Hilton Villas to see if it was available in August this year and they got back to her saying it was if they would like to book it!!!!!!

Please please do not use this company. There is something very suspect going on with this and I wouldnt want anyone else to fall foul of it.

Edited: 9:55 am, June 28, 2011
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 12
8. Re: Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

I cannot believe I did not read anything like this before we went!! We had the exact same terrible experience.

We have had the WORST service from HILTON VILLAS.

We booked for a hen weekend in May, when Paul ( the guys who was meant to check us in etc) eventually turned up 1 hour after arranging to meet us at a petrol station, he made us aware there was a problem with the Villa we had originally booked and they had upgraded us. The so called Upgrade - did not have enough rooms for us to sleep in, 2 of us slept on a bed in the landing, it was not clean, the pool area, outdoors seats etc were wet and dirty, fridge looked as if it had never been cleaned, not enough linen or towels for all the party. Paul basically opened the door for us said here you go, then disappeared never to be seen again after phoning him numerous times-- once when our electricty went out, whihc we had to fix ourselves. You get given no address of where you are, so booking taxis can be difficult until you get a hold of Diana in the office -- that could take a while also. WE were not near a beach or shops, we basically had no idea where we were. On return it is now July and we are still waiting on our deposit. I phone them constantly and nobody answers or replies to emails. There is a man called Graham Pearson who you ahve to contact for complaints-- still no word from him.

All these complaints have the same theme going on, they are definetly up to something.

Has anyone got advice on getting money abck from them?? Especially the deposit money? Does anyone have Pauls mobile??

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY YOU WILL HAVE YOUR WEEKEND/HOLIDAY RUINED, PAUL IS THE WORST PERSON TO REPRESENT A COMPANY EVER.

WISH I HAD SAW THESE REVIEWS FIRST.

Coventry, United...
9. Re: Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

Hiya, I have had the same problem of getting my deposit back. We went for a Hen week in May, Paur turned up few hour late. The place was really dirty few things were broken.

We tried contacting the office for Hilton Villas, we also made a trip to the address and there was not location for the office.

Also few day before we went on holiday, i got a email saying sorry there is a drainage problem for the villa, we are upgrading you to another villa.

Really need hlp on get the deposit back.

Will never use or recommend them.. Holiday from Hell (DO NOT USE HILTON VILLAS)

Chicago
10. Re: Avoid Crystal Rentals Spain

There are enough of us our there who,lost our deposits. I wonder if we can compile a list of items they say we broke and prove they are claiming multiple parties broke the same items. We each have to have a paper trail from Jenny.

For example, they claimed broke a pool table, refrigerator and chair and more. I am sure , since we didn't do that, someone else was also penalized for that.

If anyone was at white house calle de ojen in estepona (advertised as Puerto Banus) let me know.

I am just shocked that people are still writing in about these people!