We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

little time, lots to see

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, N.Y.
little time, lots to see

My husband and I are going on a tour to Spain and we will be having some free time - a morning and a whole day in the Marbella area to ourselves. We are trying to decide what would be a better choice for our time. I have read the forums and think i will pass on The Rock and Tangiers. Our tour offers an optional excursion to Ronda or Malaga. The tour already includes a visit to Mijas. We are trying to decide to go to Ronda, Malaga or take a bus on our own up to Nerjas. it sounds interesting. We would like to go to the beach, shop and enjoy good food. It will be our last day in Spain. What does everyone think?

reviews: 4
1. Re: little time, lots to see

Dont go anywhere! morning and afternoon in Marbella is not a lot of time there is enough to see in Marbella alone , the orange square with the fab shops, lazy lunch surrounded by orange groves. a walk along the promanade then take a boat ride to Puerto Banus to take in the elegance of the marina and sit and have a coffee and watch the world go by.

Ronda is quite a journey up a very steep road ,there is the oldest bullring there to see ,but apart from that the usual shops etc. although the views when you reach the top are quite spectacular.Nerja is a very long way from Marbella would not recommend that trip there are beaches both in Marbella and Puerto Banus we are going again in September this will be our

fifth visit to Marbella area so as you can see there is plenty to keep us interested. we are over 50 by the way but there is somthing for everyone. Hope this helps .Have a good time whatever you decide

Long Island, N.Y.
2. Re: little time, lots to see

Thank you for your information. Our hotel is NHMarbella. I think we are between Marbella and Puerto Banus. What beach would you suggest we go to? Any favorite restaurants? Where is the best place to shop?