We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
3 reviews
Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

Hi,

We will be in spain this may and will be spending a couple of days in barcelona, madrid and seville

We are doing all the major sites in barcelona (incl dali and Montserrat). On the last day in barcelona we have currently planned to do

1)Picasso museum

2) Church of Santa maria del mar

3) Palau de la musica catalans

From barcelona we head to seville and from there to ronda to grenada

My husband wants to remove the last day in barcelona (Picasso museum, etc) and instead add a day after ronda to go to Gibraltar and malaga on route to grenada

what do you guys think?

Thanks,

Mya

Edited: 2:30 pm, February 17, 2013
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
10,329 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

How are you travelling between all these cities and how many days have you got for your trip? To be honest, I'd give Gibraltar a miss as I'm not sure its worth a detour, better to have an extra day in Malaga City.

If you are going to Granada to see the Alhambra you will need to pre-book your tickets on line.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

we are renting a car and we just have one extra day

Yes we will be doing alhambre and we have already reserved it

- Mya

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,329 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

That's good Mya. I definitely give Gibraltar a miss and give the extra day to Malaga City, its a beautiful city just to wander around and like Seville and Barcelona has some great historical sites to visit as well as museums.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
807 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

Think you would be disappointed with Gibraltar, as suggested spend the time in Malaga, there is a Picasso museum there too.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
43,006 posts
2,819 reviews
5. Re: Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

AP:

Our Picasso Museum in Malaga has a collection of Picasso paintings that represent all the seven stages in his artistic life. In 2011 it received 391,000 visitors!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

Thank you - we have decided to do Malaga

Can someone recommend a safer scenic driving route from Ronda to Malaga and from Malaga to Grenada?

We wanted to do the usual scenic route from ronda to malaga but I've heard its a little scary drive. My husband is going to do the driving and hes a good driver but I will be 4 months preg during our trip and wanted to make sure we have a safe ride. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

- Mya

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,329 posts
62 reviews
7. Re: Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

The roads may be windy but they are safe as long as you drive safely yourself. The views are stunning and unless you decide to go up on the train from Malaga to Ronda you can't avoid driving up (and down) the mountain.

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
41 posts
56 reviews
8. Re: Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

We were just at Alhambra a few days ago and got our tickets that day, BUT it is Feb not May. Take the Good advice offered and pro book your tour by day AND time. That way it is on our terms and not what is left over.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
9,714 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

The drive to Ronda from Malaga is not a difficult one, just take your time and enjoy the views, as there be many. You are going to love the white hill towns, good luck and have fun. Hubie

10. Re: Barcelona Picasso museum vs Malaga and Gibralter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 21, 2014