We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe but fun places in Malaga for a lady traveling alone

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tampa
reviews: 9
safe but fun places in Malaga for a lady traveling alone

Hi - am thinking of going to Malaga for a couple days in March by myself. Are there any places I should avoid because I am female and by myself? I will also want to try the tapas and have wine at night, but I don't want to go anywhere too crazy. I was also thinking of catching the day-trip ferry to Morocco. Thoughts??? Thanks!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,274
1. Re: safe but fun places in Malaga for a lady traveling alone

phrogfrau:

All the center of Malaga is very safe. A very good place for tapas and wine is El Pimpi ( Calle Granada, 62). It has an Andalusian ambiance.

When a street has many people around, the street is very safe. If you are the only one on the street, be more careful. There is safety in numbers. This rule applies to every place in Spain.

I would not go to Morocco because there is much more to see in Malaga. Just read the top questions on the right panel. Many people who have gone to Morocco have been hassled by vendors.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,274
2. Re: safe but fun places in Malaga for a lady traveling alone

phrogfrau:

There are always policemen at Calle Larios and around downtown there are many police in plainsclothes to protect visitors.

Torremolinos, Spain
3. Re: safe but fun places in Malaga for a lady traveling alone

<<When a street has many people around, the street is very safe. If you are the only one on the street, be more careful. There is safety in numbers. This rule applies to every place in Spain.>>

The exception to this, of course, is that where there are crowds of tourists it is the perfect place for pickpockets!! So easy to be distracted by the hustle and bustle of the place that you wouldn't notice a thing - if you're on your own then you would be less at risk !!

CB

scotland
reviews: 118
4. Re: safe but fun places in Malaga for a lady traveling alone

Calle Larios and Calle Granada (pedestrianised) you will find many good bars and restaurants , and yes the City is very safe .The Marina is also a very good area ....Morroco day trip ..takes .eight hours (sometimes overnight)

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 50
5. Re: safe but fun places in Malaga for a lady traveling alone

Wherever you go in the world just take sensible precautions. Even in my home town I would be aware of things around me and would never wear headphones as you lose awareness of what's going on.

Port Saint Lucie...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
reviews: 12
6. Re: safe but fun places in Malaga for a lady traveling alone

Malaga is fun, fun and more fun, you will love it. Yes just be STREET SMART and you will have no problems.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

7. Re: safe but fun places in Malaga for a lady traveling alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 17, 2014