We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Informal dinner place in Malaga, by the beach

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
reviews: 3
Informal dinner place in Malaga, by the beach

I'm organising an international conference in Malaga in October 2013 and many of the participants are requesting that they would like to have a very informal dinner, like sardines or fresh fish by the beach....can anyone recommend any places? Needs to be Malaga capital please, not any surroundings.

Many thanks in advance

Gusi

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
reviews: 4
1. Re: Informal dinner place in Malaga, by the beach

I have seen quite a few conference meals taking place in Gutiérrez Playa, which is located on the western promenade (Playa de la Misericordia).

If it is sardines and fresh fish what you want it doesn't get any better.

I recommend this place quite often since it is one of my favorites in the city.

scotland
reviews: 121
2. Re: Informal dinner place in Malaga, by the beach

Its not exactly on the beach , however, you should take a look here

http://www.muelleuno.com/el-centro

Edited: 3:00 am, February 10, 2013
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
3. Re: Informal dinner place in Malaga, by the beach

I'd second MACPollo's suggestion of Gutiérrez Playa - it's a great place and has all the traditional Malagueño stuff going on...chiringuito...pescaitos fritos...espeta de sardinas etc., great atmosphere too.

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 29
4. Re: Informal dinner place in Malaga, by the beach

I often take people to El Tintero, bartering for your meal adds to the appeal of the place. As nearly the last place in Malaga on the front, gets many locals but not many tourists.

Something just different.

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Informal dinner place in Malaga, by the beach

Would it be possible to work Gutiérrez Playa into a one day visit to Malaga? It would have to be for lunch - maybe even an early lunch - it might be our first decent meal since lunch the day before. We are due out at the airport by 17:00 . Can you reach it by bus or is a taxi the way to go?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,755
6. Re: Informal dinner place in Malaga, by the beach

Friends:

The Pedregalejo Beach has a place called Las Acacias with many chiringuitos where one can eat.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
7. Re: Informal dinner place in Malaga, by the beach

Hello,

This restaurant is located on the western promenade (Paseo Marítimo Antonio Banderas nº 6) and hence on the way to the airport if you take that route (which is something I do very often since I live nearby).

I have taken many people there on business lunches on our way to the airport.

Is your flight departing at 17.00 or you have to be a the airport at 17.00? I don't think the restaurant is open before 13.00, but you certainly have time for a lunch around that time (please note that if you pop in before 14.00 odds are you'll be alone at the place. It will be bustling by 15.00 though).

You can get to the place by the #16 bus getting off at the 1522 (Parque Mediterráneo) stop and walking south to the beach for about half a kilometer.

From the restaurant to the airport you can go back to María Zambrano train station using the same bus and from there take the train to the airport, or if you are tight on schedule just hail a taxi at the street which is by the promenade (C/ Pacífico) - it is a short ride.

Brisbane, Australia
8. Re: Informal dinner place in Malaga, by the beach

Appreciated MACpollo - we need to be at the airport by 1700 to be sure to get to the desk by the cut-off at 1800. Maybe we can make this a late lunch instead and set ourselves up for the flight to Barcelona. I meant can we reach the restaurant by bus and you have answered that - and being on the way to the airport may change our calculations too. Thanks.

9. Re: Informal dinner place in Malaga, by the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 18, 2014