We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobil phones

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton, United...
reviews: 1
mobil phones

Is it possible to buy a pay as you go sim card for mobile phones in Benalmanena, if so can you tell me where I can get one. I only want it to be able to text back to England while we are here

Thanks

scotland
reviews: 118
1. Re: mobil phones

You can get a Lebara Sim from any telephone /Internet cafe shop and were doing buy one €10 and get 50% free .

Benalmadena, Spain
reviews: 4
2. Re: mobil phones

There are many pay-as-you-go sim cards available but they don't work straight out of the pack. Spanish law requires them to be registered so take your passport to the shop as I.D.

The other option is to buy one in advance on eBay. Just search for 'Spanish sim card'. If you get one before you go, you can give the number to your friends and family.

Mine is an Orange "Mundo" sim card.

scotland
3. Re: mobil phones

Re Passport , very true ,as Ive had my sim cards for years now, and did forget to mention about the passport .

Northampton, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: mobil phones

Thank you both for the information We have left it a bit late to get one from eBay so we will get one when we get there.

scotland
5. Re: mobil phones

If you look at http://www.lebara.es/ select English you will see that they are offering 100% free on all top ups (online top ups)

Edited: 5:19 am, February 05, 2013
Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 41
6. Re: mobil phones

Depending on where you are staying try www.rubenexchange.com easy to find and a wide range of Sim only deals available. Theres a map on the website to find it. Or there are many phone shops around a street or two back from the front.

Aguadulce, Spain
Destination Expert
for Almeria, Province of Almeria, Province of Almeria
reviews: 85
7. Re: mobil phones

No forgeting that an 'unlocked' phone is required to make the sim card work, but I presume you knew that.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 4
8. Re: mobil phones

Saw the mention of Lebara - which for me raises the question of , if Lebara operates in Spain, would that necessarily mean that it will also operate in Paris? Yes, probably obvious to those born there - but making assumptions about the integration of national telecommunications systems from this far away can lead to disappointment. ;-(

So if that is the case, I have my solution to only needing a single mobile service provider while in Spain and France. Please?

cumbria
reviews: 17
9. Re: mobil phones

What sort of savings can be expected if we buy one of these ?

scotland
10. Re: mobil phones

Lebara ESp to UK

0,09€ /min to Mobile

0,05€ /min to Landline 0,29€,Connection Charge,0,19€ SMS