We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to tangier.

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chatteris, United...
reviews: 1
day trip to tangier.

I am taking a day trip to Tangier in May, having trouble locating the pick-up point which is the Plaza Poeta Manual Alcantara,and near to a Barclays Bank on the Ave Andalusia, can anyone please help

Sid B.

Torremolinos, Spain
1. Re: day trip to tangier.

Hi there

Hopefully someone else can clarify this but the Plaza is located down on the Av Mediterraneo is it not? According to Google Maps that's where i find it.

I've been all the way along Ave De Andalucia and there are a few banks but not a Barclays shown nor a Plaza (as stated)... confusing !!!

Have you booked this through a travel company? It's worth calling them to get directions.

CB

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,678
2. Re: day trip to tangier.

Geezer:

A common pick up point is the Barcalys Bank on the Avenida de Andalucia, which is just across the El Corte Ingles store.

Chatteris, United...
3. Re: day trip to tangier.

Thanks for your help,will contact the travel people

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
reviews: 4
4. Re: day trip to tangier.

CB,

That plaza is located indeed near Avenida del Mediterráneo, but that is in Rincón de la Victoria. Avenida del Mediterráneo is the name the CN-340 was given when it goes through this town.

The pickup point must be the one Benny states, the Barclays branch which is located on the Avenida de Andalucía.

The Plaza Poeta Manuel Alcántara is just the big junction where Avenida de Andalucía and Calle Armengual de la Mota cross each other.

I'd encourage our visitors to use the official geographic information system provided by Málaga Town Hall when in doubt about a particular address. It is unfortunately only in Spanish, but it is much more reliable than Google Maps or any other mapping website for that matter.

http://sig.malaga.eu/territorio/tcartbas/

Chatteris, United...
5. Re: day trip to tangier.

Thanks for your help, ive found El Corte Inglais, where would a good place to park my car,as it will be about 4.30 am

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
6. Re: day trip to tangier.

A definition of "good" would be helpful.

If by good you mean near El Corte Inglés and straightforward, then the public parking Avenida de Andalucia is the answer. Expect to pay around 21-23 euros for that day though.

Chatteris, United...
7. Re: day trip to tangier.

Hi, MACpolo

Again thanks for your help, I take it that the parking would be an off road/underground parking area.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
8. Re: day trip to tangier.

Yes, it is an underground parking.

Chatteris, United...
9. Re: day trip to tangier.

Hi MACpollo,

great , I hope the trip will be worth it, thanks again for your help.

San Francisco...
10. Re: day trip to tangier.

I will be going on the same day trip very soon. Are there any hotels in walking distance to the Corte Ingles? If so, can you make recommendations? Thank you