We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental pricing at Malaga airport

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Devon
reviews: 3
Car rental pricing at Malaga airport

Apologies if this has been done before, but I'm finding the pricing for car hire from Malaga in mid-Feb 2013 very confusing. The main thing is that the broker type sites produce very low prices (e.g. £30-£40 for 8 days all in for a smallish car), but more direct sites spit out a price which is much higher, and to be honest, more like what I expected to pay (e.g., £100/week). It's been a few years since we hired a car from Malaga, and while the low headline prices are gratifying, i am very suspicious that we are going to be hit with numerous surcharges and extras which may mean the higher headline priced deals might be more suitable.

I tried Malagacar.com which has been well reviewed and offered a middling price of 55 euros, only to discover when the voucher arrived that all the extras basically doubled the price. Meanwhile Helle Hollis (again well reviewed) was closer to £150 on the quote.

Any suggestions about which of the companies can be trusted and is reliable, even if not the cheapest, will be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Forres, Scotland
reviews: 53
21. Re: Car rental pricing at Malaga airport

Ah you need to click on book to show the discounted price.

Cheers for that! €187 for a week in August for an Astra/308 is a good price plus we probably won't be using a full tank of fuel this time.

Many thanks.

Forres, Scotland
22. Re: Car rental pricing at Malaga airport

That's me all booked with Helle Hollis - thanks again for all the advice guys.

What did we do before tripadviser?!

Devon
reviews: 3
23. Re: Car rental pricing at Malaga airport

Went with Malaga Car Hire (not to be confused with Malaga Car). Very good experience (assuming no surprises on the credit card statement): good service inc pick ups etc from Niza Cars, full-full fuel policy, nice little BMW 116D instead of the Peugeot we were expecting. Would use again and recommended.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 58
24. Re: Car rental pricing at Malaga airport

I've noticed that people have much better experiences with Niza Cars when they book through malagacarhire! Glad that things went well and hope you don't get any unexpected charges to your card. Its always good to have a positive review of a car hire company for a change.

Forres, Scotland
25. Re: Car rental pricing at Malaga airport

Just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation for Helle Hollis. They were first class! Best car hire company by far. From booking- no need to pay up front and no cancellation fees, to just getting picked up by courtesy bus and then no queues at their office, the car was immaculate as they valet their cars in between hires (unlike Record Go last year- car was bashed and was filthy inside and out). I heard some people waiting 2 hours at airport for their car whilst from landing to getting car was 30 mins. They even gave us a few bottles of water.

Then returning car was easy and the driver even got us a trolley for our luggage. We also got half a tank of fuel paid back. Will use them again definitely!

Ps. We bought our excess insurance £12 for the week in the UK and the lady at the desk was not fazed unlike last year when the Record go staff got a bit bolshie.

Edited: 2:33 am, August 20, 2013
Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 59
26. Re: Car rental pricing at Malaga airport

Thanks for the feedback Luxsey. Nice to see some companies can provide good service. HH are consistently good.

You could have saved a little more, had you refilled the tank, they would have refunded the initial charge in full. You would then have paid forecourt price for your fuel rather than the marked up price.

Forres, Scotland
27. Re: Car rental pricing at Malaga airport

Thanks for that tip man talk - will do that next time.

Will probably join their club too but used discount code I got here which was a good saving. They also gave us €10 discount for next time. Good range of cars too- all new and well looked after. Couldn't fault them.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 58
28. Re: Car rental pricing at Malaga airport

I really like it when we get feedback from recommendations, thank you Luxsey. We are using Helle Hollis on the 31st and looking forward to a good hire.

29. Re: Car rental pricing at Malaga airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 22, 2014