We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaga train station

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
notts
reviews: 11
malaga train station

Going to Torromolinos at Easter and wondered which stop to get off at Malaga for the old town and port, thanks

Hertfordshire
1. Re: malaga train station

Hi frizziep

Go right to the end of the line - alameda principal and walk down the said street to calle larios and the city is your oyster!

As a reference point you want to walk away from el corte inglese down the avenue lined with trees.

Tom

notts
reviews: 11
2. Re: malaga train station

Thanks for the info, went last year but got off the train too early i think.

Hertfordshire
3. Re: malaga train station

No problem at all!

Enjoy your trip in Easter. You may be able to take in some processions if you are there during holy week.

Tom

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 24
4. Re: malaga train station

Easier way is to hop on the bus either 110 or 112, the terminus is at the new port complex at the top of Calle Larios, cuts out all the walking from the railway station into the centre (walk10/15 minutes). I think writer in item 1 is confused, El Corte is in the opposite direction unless you are exiting the RENFE station.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,230
5. Re: malaga train station

Friends:

The last Cercanias train station is called the Malaga Centro-Alameda Station. This station is 450 meters away from the Plaza de la Marina and Calle Larios.

Hertfordshire
6. Re: malaga train station

Hi Ian

Apologies guys I should have been clearer.

I meant walk away from it down past the trees to Calle Larios. I was hoping that the trees would be the real reference point.

Apologies for not naming the station correctly Benny - I got the end of the line right thankfully.

I must have been having one of those days...

Tom

Edited: 4:31 am, November 23, 2012
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,230
7. Re: malaga train station

Tom:

You know very much about Malaga and I admire your input in this forum! I hope you visit us again!

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 24
8. Re: malaga train station

Frizziep. If you are coming for Easter suggest you come in daylight to get your bearings. The crowds for the processions are massive it it almost impossible to find the train station entrances unless you are returning at the end of the parades. These finish between 3am and 5am.

The train runs all through the night during this time. Again it is more reason to use the bus as all the processions either pass the railway station or very close buy and often the only way to cross the road is by the authorised crossing. The bus stops close to the port just away from the processions routes.

We will be in Malaga every night in the week before easter, you should not miss this wonderful time to be in Malaga.

I am hoping to work out how to put pictures and videos on this site.

Does anyone know if the singing Foreign Legion Soldiers are taking part in the Mena Parade next easter, heard that due to cut backs they may not perform, hope not true, this is the number one procession for me.

9. Re: malaga train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, December 16, 2013