We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Chorro Is a Hidden Gem of Malaga Province

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,274
El Chorro Is a Hidden Gem of Malaga Province

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187438-c154723/Malag…

northumberland
reviews: 27
1. Re: El Chorro Is a Hidden Gem of Malaga Province

We stay about an hours drive from here and love this place. Our children much prefer the lakes to the beach. The photographs do not do it justice as the lakes are turquoise in Summer. What I always find surprising is the amount of people who live quite locally though they have never heard of them let alone visited. The title is so apt as it is a "hidden gem".

Edited: 11:17 am, November 16, 2012
Hertfordshire
2. Re: El Chorro Is a Hidden Gem of Malaga Province

I totally agree although I've not been there for a few years. I used to love taking a dip and even did a bit of fishing one year catching some carp.

A truly beautiful spot and a great day out for anyone!

Lennoxtown
reviews: 2
3. Re: El Chorro Is a Hidden Gem of Malaga Province

I'm with you on this one Benny, this is a lovely area. I particularly like the small town of Teba with its historical connection to Scotland. And it is true to say that the lake is turquoise in colour during the summer. Here you are only a short car journey from my home from home in Olvera and the turquoise lake at Embalse de Zahara and the beautiful white village of Zahara de la Sierra.

Lindsay

Vinuela, Spain
reviews: 36
4. Re: El Chorro Is a Hidden Gem of Malaga Province

Thank goodness our local lake - Lake Vinuela - is back to being its usual beautiful turquoise colour today after a couple of weeks of steel grey!

Edited: 5:43 am, November 19, 2012
Midlands
reviews: 1
5. Re: El Chorro Is a Hidden Gem of Malaga Province

Pleased alls well now C.L xx Only been to El Chorro lakes in May, such a lovely tranquil place..

6. Re: El Chorro Is a Hidden Gem of Malaga Province

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Malaga