We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Question

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
US
Car Rental Question

I am traveling to Malaga soon from the US and was wondering what I need to do to be able to drive in Spain. Is it required to have an international driving license, like if I am getting a car from www.recordrentacar.com?

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
reviews: 6
1. Re: Car Rental Question

Hello vterry,

I believe that you do have to be 26 years and older to be able to rent a car. Here in Spain and worldwide.

The public buses and trains run very well here. ENJOY!

US
2. Re: Car Rental Question

Thanks for the info, but on recordrentacar.com it says you can be 21. Is this wrong?

Altea, Spain
reviews: 1
3. Re: Car Rental Question

You will need an international driving license if your license is issued outside the EEC. It is possible that each car rental company has its' own rules with regard to age.

Have a look at AVIS or Centauro, which is a Spanish company. I am sure you will find all of the information you need on their web sites.

Santa Barbara
4. Re: Car Rental Question

Hi,

I'll be traveling in Malaga soon as well and have been researching rental cars. Try going to www.autoeurope.com they have some good rates. By the way you DO NOT have to be 26 to rent a car....I believe 21 is the minimum age or at least for that site and several other car rental sites that I have looked at.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 44
5. Re: Car Rental Question

We rented there in 2002 - had our Canadian DL and International Drivers permits (got from CAA/AAA) Not sure about the age limit - we are over 40 :(

Try and read the small print - there are a few oddities in there. Also the Spanish drive like lunatics!

venezuela
reviews: 5
6. Re: Car Rental Question

we have found a very competitive car rental site. it is very clear and it works exactly as it explains.we have used them 3 times now and it has been excelent. be sure to request the deductible collision damage waiver when making a

the link is www.carjet.es

venezuela
reviews: 5
7. Re: Car Rental Question

have found a very competitive car rental site. it is very clear and it works exactly as it explains.we have used them 3 times now and it has been excelent. be sure to request the deductible collision damage waiver when making a

the link is www.carjet.es

Spain
reviews: 41
8. Re: Car Rental Question

Hi, I think you need to be over 26yrs, have an international driving licence (needed to drive in any ec country) car hire here is really cheap about 15 to 20 euros a day which included insurance and no excess - be careful - loads of companys over charge = try the smaller companies for better deals

Viginia
9. Re: Car Rental Question

My wife and I are traveling to Riveria del Sol. We fly in to Malaga. Is it cheaper to hire a car for the week or just take taxis to and from the airport and to other villiages?

Thanks

malaga
reviews: 2
10. Re: Car Rental Question

Car hire is cheap here, but forget Avis, they are incredibly expensive. www.easycar.com is worth looking at