We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga in late October

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki
reviews: 2
Malaga in late October

I just spent a week in Malaga and it was just so great that I'd like to get back asap. Unfortunately, this asap would be no earlier than late October. What would the weather be like? Would I be the only one at La Malagueta? Would the hotels that have pools have them available? I'm not expecting July weather of course but shorts plus t-shirt weather anyway maybe?

I would also like to attend a Malaga football match at La Rosaleda but heard that it might be almost impossible to get a ticket?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,483
1. Re: Malaga in late October

Finnish:

The weather in October is very good. The rains have not arrived yet and it is cooler, so you do not tire. There are still many people at the Malagueta, but most of the Malagueños will just be sunning themselves there. You will find some intrepid foreigners in the water, because they are used to colder water temperatures.

Yes, many hotels will still have their pools open.

Perhaps MACPollo can give you info about the futbol tickets.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
reviews: 4
2. Re: Malaga in late October

Moi,

As Benny stated, October is a great month to visit. Temperatures have substantially cooled down but it is still possible to enjoy the beach and there will be people lounging (especially on weekends).

I've lived in Espoo near Helsinki for a few months in the past and a big yes to shorts and t-shirts in October for you. You'll see a lot of locals wearing jackets and even coats, but it will be summer for you (Malagueños -especially Malagueñas- love to get their winter clothes out and wear long boots as soon as autumn arrives).

As for Málaga CF tickets, there are few tickets available since season tickers holders make up near 95% of the stadium capacity, but there are still some available. It will very much depend on who is playing.

Give a look to http://www.lfp.es/Temporada/calendario.aspx (English version also available).

Have fun.

Helsinki
3. Re: Malaga in late October

Thanks a lot for you both. I guess I will book the flights then.

And yes, it will sure be warmer than here in Helsinki at least. We might even have snow at that time of year here:)

Seems like Malaga would have one home match during my stay, against Valladolid. Sevilla and Granada have one home match each as well so I guess I will be able to see at least one of these play.

Helsinki
4. Re: Malaga in late October

I'm back with one more question. I can take my 10 day trip starting Friday October 12 or Friday October 19. I assume it doesn't matter that much which one I choose? Weatherwise or otherwise, ie. is any of those dates crowded with other tourists and inflated prices? I try to be in Malaga about 5 days and the rest visiting Sevilla, Granada and maybe Cordoba as well.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,483
5. Re: Malaga in late October

Finnish:

Either date will be fine.

Port Saint Lucie...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
reviews: 12
6. Re: Malaga in late October

Finnish, yes Malaga is so much fun, but a day trip to Ronda would be so much fun also, think about it. Make sure you have your tickets for The Alhambra in had before you go to Granada, hard to get into at times, good luck and have fun. Hubie

cordoba, spain
reviews: 17
7. Re: Malaga in late October

Finnish, IMO perhaps finding accomodation starting 12th October will be more expensive and difficult, because this is the date of the National Day and the beginning of a bank holiday all over the country.

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 30
8. Re: Malaga in late October

21st Oct to 31st Oct is u.k. school holidays, this usually causes prices to rise around the Malaga area, as is the last big u.k. holiday period before winter sets in.

We will be out during this time, a lot more expensive then our trips in April and May.

London
reviews: 10
9. Re: Malaga in late October

Hi - my brother and wife are moving to Triana (Malaga) this autumn/winter and I wondered ........... if I fly out from Gatwick to visit them say Friday to Sunday night, has anyone got a recommended airline that is cheap BUT I'm slightly disabled (bad back) so I cant stand around for long ie queue - and then run (!) - for an Easyjet seat!!!! Id have "hold" not "hand" luggage. Any tips would be really appreciated, as I realised some cheap flights dont include this & that, taxes, hold luggage ..... Thank you so much!

Edited: 3:49 pm, August 12, 2012
Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 58
10. Re: Malaga in late October

Perhaps airlines offering pre allocated seats would suit you best, try Monarch or BA. Although i believe Easyjet are trialling allocated seating seats on some routes too.