We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen...
reviews: 5
hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

Hi... I'm going to Malaga in a month, and really want to rent a cabriolet for 8 days.

The best price I've found is at www.hiremalagacar.com - but i cant find any info on google - reviews and such. Does anybody know this business?

All the best

Simon

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 53
1. Re: hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

A lot of people on the forum recommend www.malagacarhire.com but the company you mention isn't them. Someone on here may have used them but its not a company who's name I recognise.

Have a look at the threads on the forum regarding car hire, you will see lots of bad but also many good reports on various companies plus loads of advice regarding hiring cars.

Copenhagen...
reviews: 5
2. Re: hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

Thanks for the recommendation. But MalagaCarHire.com does not offer cabriolets.

I have read many, many pages in this forum, to try to find a car hire company. And those I have found who did offer convertibles, was sold out. And the rest wanted over €450 for a week rental.

The site I linked to, only charge €241 for 8 days.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
3. Re: hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

I hope that someone on here may have some experience of this company so they can give you some better advice.

4. Re: hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:07 pm, September 15, 2014
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
5. Re: hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

Might be worth sending a Private Message to the original poster (Simon) as he's not come back on here to say if he hired a car from them.

Schimmert
6. Re: hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

Hi Simon,

I also want to go to Malaga and want to rent a car from hiremalagacar.com.

Do you have any experience made with this company?

Best regards

Peter Vangangelt

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
7. Re: hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

PeterV - It may be worth sending a private message to the original poster (Simon) as he doesn't appear to have posted recently. Have a look at some of the other threads on car hire companies where you will see some recommendations for alternative companies and also advice on the ones to avoid.

Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 4
8. Re: hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

I rented a car from hiremalagacar (1rentacar.com) and no problems with the car, BUT they newer returned the 300 euros deposit I needed to pay!

Bolton, United...
reviews: 11
9. Re: hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

Hi I also rented car in September this year not got 300 euros back despite many calls and emails . Will keep posted on outcomes

northumberland
reviews: 27
10. Re: hiremalagacar.com - a reliable business?

If you mean malagacarhire.com, the UK broker, then you probably used Niza. There was an option to pay £3.50 with a maximum limit regardless of the rental period of £35.00, instead of paying the 300 euros. This has increased substantially for 2013 but is possibly the cheapest option overall. Our hire car got broken into, there was nothing in the vehicle for the them to take but we did not have our £35.00 returned, we were relieved we hadn't paid 300 euros. Malagacarhire.com appear to be a very reliable business, it may be possible to call them on their UK number and ask them to intervene. I personally would never use Niza direct as they did try to persuade us to have a credit card swiped too, people seem to have an entirely different experience when booking direct.

Edited: 2:18 am, October 12, 2012