We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An Antique Shop in a Historic House

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,344
An Antique Shop in a Historic House

La Casa del Cardenal

Calle Andres Perez, 13

Tel: 952-213-167

Hours:

Monday to Friday: 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm

Saturday: 11 am to 2 pm

I just discovered this antique shop that opened in December, 2011, and is located in a historic house where Jose Moreno Mazon (1825-1905) lived. He was a Malagueño and the Archbishop of Granada before he died. The building has been recently restored and the patio is beautiful, with a marble floor and decorated with potted plants and a life-size reproduction of a Roman. The shop occupies three rooms around the patio and looks like an elegant house.

Most of the furniture on sale is English furniture that has been restored completely. There are chairs, tables, and cabinets. There is Chinese porcelain, English porcelain and bone china, cutlery, clocks, mirrors with gilt frames, paintings, elegantly framed prints, small silver table accessories, crystal, clocks, and small sculptures. All the items show price tags.

This is a very unique store in Malaga, with its elegance, and with its beautiful merchandise that people who are interested in antiques will enjoy visiting.

Edited: 8:56 am, January 10, 2012
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
1. Re: An Antique Shop in a Historic House

La Casa del Cardenal

Calle Andres Perez, 13

Tel: 952-213-167

Hours:

Monday to Friday: 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm

Saturday: 11 amd to 2 pm

I just discovered this antique shop that opened in December, 2011, and is located in a historic house where Jose Moreno Mazon (1825-1905) lived. He was a Malagueño and the Archbishop of Granada before he died. The building has been recently restored and the patio is beautiful, with a marble floor and decorated with potted plants and a life-size reproduction of a Roman. The shop occupies three rooms around the patio and looks like an elegant house.

Most of the furniture on sale is English furniture that has been restored completely. There are chairs, tables, and cabinets. There is Chinese porcelain, English porcelain and bone china, cutlery, clocks, mirrors with gilt frames, paintings, elegantly framed prints, small silver table accessories, crystal, clocks, and small sculptures. All the items show price tags.

This is a very unique store in Malaga, with its elegance, and with its beautiful merchandise that people who are interested in antiques will enjoy visiting.

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 41
2. Re: An Antique Shop in a Historic House

Benny, most of your posts are very informative, but surely this one is advertising.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
3. Re: An Antique Shop in a Historic House

mantalk:

I like to write about new stores or restaurants that I find that are different and may be interesting to travelers. I do not get any remuneration from any of my posts.

I travel frequently and do the same articles in other forums, in and out of Spain, and have never been accused of advertising.

If you read other posts in the Costa del Sol forums, there have been questions by people interested in antique stores.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
4. Re: An Antique Shop in a Historic House

I have to add that I meet many foreign tourists who are not interested in cultural places like museums. All they are interested in is shopping. I take a walk in the park everyday and when there is a cruise ship in port, I am stopped many times by tourists and they ask me about the stores only.

cold north
reviews: 12
5. Re: An Antique Shop in a Historic House

Benny, I e-mailed you for the store, when I saw it was deleted. Glad to see that the censors have come to their senses!

I love browsing in antique shoppes. Are there any others?

This one should be very interesting especially because it is housed in an historical building.

6. Re: An Antique Shop in a Historic House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, January 10, 2012
Torremolinos, Spain
7. Re: An Antique Shop in a Historic House

From TripAdvisor Staff:

<<We expect everybody to refrain from criticizing other members who report posts. Every participant in this forum is welcome and encouraged to use the "Report inappropriate content" links in earnest, and nobody should be publicly ridiculed, labeled a "zapper" or otherwise be made to feel as if they are in the wrong for having reported a post.>>

CB

8. Re: An Antique Shop in a Historic House

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:39 am, January 11, 2012
9. Re: An Antique Shop in a Historic House

Removed on: 5:39 am, January 11, 2012
Edited: 5:39 am, January 11, 2012
10. Re: An Antique Shop in a Historic House

Removed on: 5:40 am, January 11, 2012