We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Way Van Hire

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London/ Torremolinos
reviews: 1
One Way Van Hire

I have returned a hire car from a company called 'one way van hire' based in Malaga and they are refusing to return my deposit, answer calls or return my emails.

Car was returned on date and with no damage and no reason to withhold my deposit.

If you are thinking of using them beware!

63 replies to this topic
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 61
1. Re: One Way Van Hire

Thought this rang a bell! There was a post in December last year about someone who hired a van from this company and didn't get their deposit back.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187438-i333-k37…

Unless I had a personal recommendation I would never hire a car from an unknown company. Hopefully if you paid by credit icard your card company could refund the money for you.

Dorchester, United...
2. Re: One Way Van Hire

Hi Louise - We have unforunately used this company (One Way Van Hire based in Malaga), and are now struggling to get back our deposit with the same problems. Could you please please let us know if they eventually refunded you, so we know if we have any chance of recovering our money?

Thank you!

London, United...
3. Re: One Way Van Hire

I have used this company recently and have nothing to complain about. They picked me up at Barcelona airport at 3am (my flight was delayed by 3 hours) and I returned it a few days later in Heathrow. The van was a Fiat Ducato and carried through very well through the journey.

I am still waiting to hear about whether I get my deposit back (I have spoken to the owner and he has told me he will be getting in touch shortly) but have no doubts in recommending this company. They have been much more professional than any of the competitors.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
4. Re: One Way Van Hire

I am amazed at that this post, which is over a year old now, has got two new first time posters, 1 bad and 1 good! I wonder if Louise, the OP ever got her deposit back, it would be good to know.

South Australia
reviews: 12
5. Re: One Way Van Hire

The interesting observation, is that the new posters on this thread are first timers to TA.

Did they search search TA for something to complain or comment on, as many first time poster do ?

Very Suss !!

York, United Kingdom
6. Re: One Way Van Hire

hmmm,

strange that mr bacon has nothing to complain about this company when he states in his 2nd paragraph that he's still waiting to hear if he's going to get his deposit back. i wouldn't say anything positive until it had been returned.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
7. Re: One Way Van Hire

Mr Bacon has been a member since 2007 and Ed since May this year. Perhaps they've had nothing to post about yet and just read the threads but it does seem strange!

Hope they let us know how they both get on in the end as well as its always good to hear from posters when they get a result from a complaint.

London/ Torremolinos
8. Re: One Way Van Hire

No deposit returned, just ignored emails and phone calls which they hang up on me when I tried calling.

Jeremy is the guy who one is to speak to regarding money refunds, I met him on the day of payment so I know he excisit.

Guess this is the way theses pathetic sad cowboys make their money.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
9. Re: One Way Van Hire

Louise - its awful that you're still waiting after a year! did you report them to the local consumer department in Spain?

Dorchester, United...
10. Re: One Way Van Hire

Hi all - I can confirm that we did eventually get our deposit back. Approximately 2 months later. I had actually written off getting the money back, so it was a nice surprise. I dealt with Jeremy at One-Way and I have to say that he was completely and utterley useless. He fobbed us off with the most ridiculous and pathetic excuses ("It is people like you, pestering me day in-day out, that means I can't get any work done, which is why you haven't had your money back" etc.). We had several shouting matches over the telephone and on one occasion he just said he was going to hang up on me - and did just that! In short, we had to fight tooth-and-nail, phoning and sending e-mails to get our money back. The additional €100 refund promised due to the appalling state of the van never materialised. I can confirm that I would not recommend this company to anyone. Yes, they are slightly cheaper, but the quality of the van we received was dreadful (I was convinced we were not going to complete the journey without breaking down - thankfully we did). I would recommend spending an extre few hundred Euros if you can afford it and go with a proper removals company or major van rental firm.

In response to Nurioopta - I find your comment very bizarre. Based on the fact that I was a first time user of Trip Adviser you assume I am trawling the site looking for something to complain about? I can assure you I have better things to do, although perhaps someone with 12,749 posts does not...

All the best

Ed

Reply to: One Way Van Hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted