We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Western Ireland...
reviews: 1
Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

Did anyone use these in the last few weeks, I know they are new to the airport. How did you find them, were they as good as the others

Thanks

466 replies to this topic
England
reviews: 12
1. Re: Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

Hi,

I would also be very interested to here about experiences with Advantage.

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 35
2. Re: Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

Too new yet i think. Their prices look good tho.

Park RIdge, NJ
3. Re: Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

I think, this is Advantage's first location in Europe. We are an established brand in the US and are owned by Hertz so you can take comfort in knowing that, while new overall, your Advantage car rental has a century of car rental experience behind it. We actually just got an internal memo today about Malaga and even got to see a picture of the first customer there being met with flowers and the Advantage management in celebration of the opening.

England
reviews: 12
4. Re: Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

Thanks for the reply Mike and it's nice to see that Malaga was chosen as the first location.

I would be interested to know, what would you say are the major plus points for Advantage, over say the over companies at Malaga? And how do they differ from the Hertz concept?

Have a great evening,

Nick.

Bristol
5. Re: Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

I have just rented with Advantage from Malaga who as indicated are a subsid of Hertz - it appears they use previously rented mainstream Hertz cars, as the one I was given was a Polo with 90,000 km on clock. Service was fine apart from the fuel policy which is you pay for a full tank and return empty, even though my rental voucher clearly stated return full. This is basically a way to rip off the majority of customers who probably would not use a full tank!

6. Re: Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

We have very bad experience with advantage malaga!!!!! I told them that I would write bad reviews about them. They lied to us, let us wait and gave us à bad car. Cost us lots of money to phone them in spain with our mobile phone. I Will never, never ever rent à car with them!!! Very bad service, even herz let us down in Sevilla, altough we understood they were sister companys.

Couple from holland

Hove, United Kingdom
7. Re: Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

I booked with DoYouSpain.com and they arranged a rental from Advantage in Malaga. My flight was six hours late in arriving at Malaga. Despite this the Advantage office remained open until I arrived at 03.45 in the morning to collect my car. They also upgraded me. I can say nothing but good about them!

8. Re: Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

Don't be fooled by cheap hire charges, they soon recoup this and much more with their 'return with empty tank of fuel' policy and daily insurance (tyres, windscreen etc) which are easily the steepest I've come across. Costliest car hire I've ever had in spain. Stick with 'go record' rental. I won't make the same daft mistake again.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 66
9. Re: Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

Hires a car from Advantage on 10th October, it was visually rough with small dents and scratches. It broke down mid week leaving us stranded on the autopiste above Rincon de la Victoria. We nursed it down hill to the village of Los Rubios and began a long and frustrating series of phone calls tom both Advantage and their Recovery Company. It took hours to finally get through to the recoverers as the service went automatically through to answerphone. Advantage staff refused to contact them for us.

The recovery arrived, took the car and only after pleas from us took me back with the car to Malaga Airport, telling the rest of my party to get a taxi !

I got a replacement vehicle and spent a long time trying to find the remainder of my party in the fading light. I will not be using Advantage again. They were most unhelpful.

Bangkok, Thailand
10. Re: Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport

I booked through Carjet Iberia and after paying they told us to look for Advantage Rentacar at Malaga Airport upon arrival (we'll arrive in Dec 2010). The above comments worry me. I hope Advantage will take the comments very seriously considering that they are new in Malaga.

They allow vehicles to be returned with empty fuel if rental is for 3 days or less. Optional extra insurance is at EUR5.00 per day.

Reply to: Advantage Car Rental, Malaga Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted