We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from malaga to torreblanca

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol Uk
reviews: 3
train from malaga to torreblanca

hello ...on tuesday i am travelling to torreblanca. i arrive at malaga airport and i know i need to get the train from there.

could anybody please advise me where the train is situated at the airport...do i need to buy the ticket in advance or on the train and will it be obvious to me when i reach torreblanca station.

i have never travelled alone before and indeed have never been to spain before hence the need to plan ahead to make the journey that bit less scary!!!

all advice will be very gratefully received.

Eastbourne, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: train from malaga to torreblanca

Hi Kath - you might find some useful information at andalucia.com/travel/airports/malagatrain.htm - the railway station at Malaga is outside the terminal and about a 10 minute walk away. You will need a ticket before boarding the train and there is a machine at the station. Trains to Torreblanca run every half hour and the journey takes about 30 minutes - the cost of a single ticket is 1.20 Euros.

Also check www.renfe.es for more details of timetables, prices etc. According to the map of the pricing zones, Torreblanca is the eleventh stop on the line!

Sorry - I have never used the train myself as I am always in a car - others may be more familiar but the above is just what I can glean from the internet!

Have a great trip - hopefully the weather will look up a bit by Tuesday - I am sure that you will love Spain!

Bristol Uk
reviews: 3
2. Re: train from malaga to torreblanca

thank you so much phil....its really heartening to know that on a forum like this complete strangers will actually take the time to give sound advice ....i really appreciate it...thank you so much....

Scotland
reviews: 23
3. Re: train from malaga to torreblanca

Another tip, Kath. Don't access the train station from the Arrivals hall at Malaga airport.Take the lift upstairs to Departures, head outside, take a right, and follow your nose to the station some 200 yards away.

The ticket machine there has a habit of breaking down, so don't worry if you arrive at it and fit it kaput. There should be a ticket collector/issuer on the train, and, even if there isn't, Torreblanca is an unmanned station, so you won't require a ticket to exit there. Have a great time!