We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 6
Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

I have a question regarding Marbesol. I've booked through them twice now for a trip in May, and sent them about 4 emails, and still have not received a confirmation for either reservation or heard a single word back from them.

For people that have dealt with Marbesol, is it common to go for weeks without confirmation of your reservation?

Given their lack of communication, I'm definitely a bit hesitant to use their service - what have others experienced with this company?

114 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
1. Re: Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

It's sadly been well over a month and, despite multiple e-mails to this company, I haven't heard a word. The sad state of their website doesn't allow for tracking of their "booking number", and you can't get the required PIN code unless they send you one. So, it looks like I'll be finding another company to rent from - we used Helles Holles last time without incident - any other recommendations?

Liverpool
reviews: 3
2. Re: Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

We've just booked with Marbesol from Malaga airport via an agent (cartrawler.com) and got all the details very quickly. They also actioned a change caused by an alteration to our flights within a couple of hours. If it's any consolation the company have generally got good reviews on Trip Advisor. On the documentation they've included a telephone number = 0034 952 2335 07 if its any help.

Brooklyn, New York
3. Re: Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

I suck. I called today - they were very helpful. Despite me setting my email client's spam filter to allow messages from their domain, it did not. So they had been trying to contact me as long as I'd been trying to contact them.

I just wanted to write in and say that everything has been sorted out and that they were very professional and I'm looking forward to a continued good experience with this company.

Hampshire
4. Re: Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

Hi

Can you advise me on a booking feature I have found with Marbesol on my confirmation. Is it normal for the inclusive insurance not to actually include windows and tyres with this being an extra cost of 3euros per day? I cannot seem to find on other hire companies terms of a description under their insurance including or not the sames things. I have used Malagacars & Helle Hollis before but Marbesol quote was the cheapest, now I am wondering if this is the reason.

London
reviews: 2
5. Re: Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

What was your experience with Marbesol in the end. I am looking at booking a hire car with Marbesol. They do seem to be the cheapest by far. Some things which look too good to be true sometimes are. I see that you have to pay for a full tank of petrol and return the car empty. Is the petrol you pay for excessive ?

Bognor Regis
6. Re: Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

We have just rented a car from Marbesol at Malaga Airport. It was booked through Economy car hire. It was by far the best car hire that we have had recently.We were met in arrival and taken to their office by shuttle just a few minutes away. Friendly staff and straight forward pick up. The car was clean and had all the required items, ie: spare wheel, tools, triangle, hi vis vest etc ( a recent car from Record had none of these). Return of the car also straight forward.

Bournemouth
7. Re: Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

I have previously used Marbesol and found them absolutely fine. HOWEVER, went to collect a car yesterday and despite being told by them when I initially booked the car that the deposit would be the rental amount plus fuel (as we were taking the additional insurances etc), they actually tried to charge my credit card €400. Seems their helpful policy during the quiet winter months is VERY different during the busier summer months. If you decide to use them make sure you check exactly what they charge you, as it is can be VERY different from either what their website states OR what they may agree with you at the time of booking.

8. Re: Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

We have hired cars for years from Marbesol. They are fantastic. We have had a car for the past 7 months on hire. They are always friendly, offering a change of car if the one we go in is dirty and are 100% the best on insurance. It is fully comp so any scratches bumps knocks etc are not a worry to you. It is normal to have the extra insurance at 3€ per day but you can also buy a yearly insurance much cheaper online. If you hire cars regularly this is a cheaper option. After hiring a car for the first time you become a VIP member with great discounts too and priority service. I would never use anyone else.

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 41
9. Re: Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

Odd mix of 1 time posters!!!!!!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 5
10. Re: Marbesol for rental cars / car hire

I have just used this company and had a very unsatisfactory experience. We rented a car through a different company who provided a voucher for marbesol. The staff were grumpy and the car we got on first sight was not in good condition. They provided no help with inserting a car seat in 34 deg heat (july in Malaga). Once we took the car to our destination I realised the front tyres were dangerous due to little or no thread. I rang them and asked for another car and was directed to their marbella office. I got a different car in better condition but there was no admission of putting my family in danger and the inconvenience of having to drive to their office to change cars. And to top it all off I had an argument over the amount of petrol in the new car. I would never use this company again and wouldn't suggest anyone else did either.

Edited: 4:52 pm, July 18, 2010
Reply to: Marbesol for rental cars / car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted