We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europe by Train Made Easy

Which Estepona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Estepona, Spain
reviews: 1
Europe by Train Made Easy

You can now book and pay for your Rail Tickets in Spain and throughout Europe using the following Website. The site is easy to use,you can Print your Tickets at home,its free and it's in English. If you choose the right dates and times the prices are quite reasonable.

https://loco2.com/

8 replies to this topic
gloucestershire
reviews: 136
1. Re: Europe by Train Made Easy

very useful thank you

Yarm
reviews: 32
2. Re: Europe by Train Made Easy

Thanks for posting - have saved it as a favourite and sure it will come in very handy.

London, United...
3. Re: Europe by Train Made Easy

I booked tickets from London through to Girona with loco2. The Paris Girona leg was cancelled due to the French rail strike. I accept that this is not Loco2's fault but they have been completely unhelpful about arranging the refund of almost £200 that is due. Almost 2 months have passed since the cancellation and I have just received a series of excuses and missed deadlines from Loco2. Most recently they have taken to just ignoring correspondence. The friend I was travelling with received his refund from Capitaine at the beginning of July. My experience of this agent is very poor and I would not recommend them

Estepona, Spain
4. Re: Europe by Train Made Easy

Hi There

If you did not follow their Terms & Conditions,then I do not see you ever seeing your money again.See link below. Is there any Consumer Council you can approach with your Claim.

https:/…claims

Good Luck

Cheers

Nigel

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
5. Re: Europe by Train Made Easy

It's not loco2's fault, it is, of course, RENFE's as they have yet to pay out for the cancellations. One day soon RENFE will realise they cannot just carry on in the inefficient manner they have done for years - they'll lose all their ticket sales and profitable routes to SNCF and Deutsche Bahn.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
6. Re: Europe by Train Made Easy

The blame in my opinion may certainly not lie with RENFE. Taking a TGV French train from Paris Lyon through France with a tiny portion ending across the border into Spain hardly means that RENFE are to blame. If Paris based Capitainetrain is able to secure the speedy refund from SNCF French Railways then I really wonder what this issue is all about.

Benthegingercat has visited 216 cities around the world since joining TA in 2007 and has posted one hotel review and only 2 Forum posts. Both with this complaint about Loco2.

Clearly not an inexperienced traveller so am wondering why this has occurred.

7. Re: Europe by Train Made Easy

@Benthegingercat, Angus

I'm so sorry that you're disappointed with the support Loco2 offered during the rail strike in June, and wanted to respond publicly so that others can see that Loco2 are real people, striving to offer the best customer service we can. Admittedly we have struggled a little as a consequence of the strike, which put a huge pressure on our very small team, but we are still dedicated to offering a high standard of support and will learn from the mistakes we've made this time.

As explained to you by email, the member of staff who was dealing with your case recently left the company, and although we're working hard manage claims assigned to her, we can't always respond within the 24 hours we aim for due to the high volume of requests that were generated during the strike. I'm sorry that your last email was only replied to within 2 days, rather than 1.

Your tickets were issued by the Spanish rail operator, Renfe. Unlike the French rail operator, SNCF (whose workers went on strike), Renfe were not fully prepared for dealing with the volume of refund requests generated. This is also the first year that Loco2 has sold Renfe tickets. For these reasons we had to devise a special process to handle claims resulting from the strike.

All refund requests (including yours) were submitted at the beginning of July, and are currently being reviewed by Renfe's after-sales team. We anticipate that the majority will be approved at the beginning of August. However, due to the high volume, some may not be processed until September. Loco2 will pay refunds as soon as they are confirmed by Renfe.

Regarding CapitaineTrain, they were able to process refunds earlier because their tickets for this route are issued by the French rail operator, SNCF (their site isn't integrated with Renfe). Because it was SNCF whose staff were on strike, SNCF have been much quicker to process refund requests. Trains between France and Spain are operated as a joint venture between SNCF and Renfe, and so it's possible to issue tickets via either system. Because our tickets were issued via Renfe's system, we had to submit our customer's refund requests to them. Unfortunately these have taken longer to process.

I know that my colleague Jamie has been in touch with you privately regarding the details of you claim, so I hope that you are reassured that we take your feedback very seriously.

We accept that we could have done a better job at informing customers of the progress of their refund claims, and the reasons for the delay. Please accept my apologies once again. We will do better next time.

Kate Co-founder, Loco2.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
8. Re: Europe by Train Made Easy

Thank you for taking the time to explain to people the true situation Kate, even though I explained the problem was with RENFE there are some on here who fanatically defend RENFE's incompetence at every turn.

Reply to: Europe by Train Made Easy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted