We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter trip 28th Mar-01st Apr

Which Costa del Sol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 2
Easter trip 28th Mar-01st Apr

I would much appreciate your thoughts/ advice on the foll. itinerary:

28th night: Land in Malaga. Go straight to Marbella. Spend 28, 29 in Marbella.

30th morning: Leave for Malaga. Spend the day in Malaga.

31st morning: Day trip to Nerja/ Frigliana

01st morning: Day trip to Alhambra, Granada. Back late night to get the flight out of Malaga.

Questions:

1. I was thinking of booking hotel stays in Marbella for first two nights and then in Malaga for next two. Would you rather recommend we book all four nights in Malaga?

2. Day 2 (30th): I am split between spending it in Malaga on in Mijas/ Benalmadena?

3. Given we're going during Easter week, any recommendations on things to see/ things to avoid?

4. Recommended time to visit the Alhambra? (we can easily go to Alhambra on 31st and do Nerja on the last day)

Thanks in advance & best regards.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 50
1. Re: Easter trip 28th Mar-01st Apr

Its a pity that you didn't ask these questions longer than 4 days before you are travelling!

You may have a problem getting somewhere to stay actually in Malaga City during Easter as it is going to be very busy with the Easter processions and festivities and people come from miles around to visit. If you haven't already booked a hotel its unlikely (but not impossible) that you will find somewhere.

Have you booked for the Alhambra and the visit to Granada? If not you may not get tickets. If you could get a hotel in Malaga City for the 4 days then I'd stay there and just do a day trip to Marbella. There is so much to see and do in Malaga City itself, in 4 days I would rather stay there, but as I say its probably going to be very difficult to get a hotel.

Are you hiring a car or using public transport - if the latter you could spend most of your time on a bus.

Here's a link to some info on the processions in Malaga during Easter. tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187438-i333-k61…

Edited: 4:40 pm, March 24, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Easter trip 28th Mar-01st Apr

Thanks for the useful info Erith. Indeed a last min trip to get out of the miserable British weather. Yes I do get that its going to be very busy during Easter, but except for being a bit pricey, I have never found getting a hotel that difficult. 35/96 hotels in Malaga are still available on those dates! (courtsey Tripadvisor).

Same deal for Alhambra, you still have plenty of choice at Bono Touristico if you're willing to spend £10 extra!

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
3. Re: Easter trip 28th Mar-01st Apr

The 30th would be the worst day to spend in Malaga - no Processions!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187438-i333-k61…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,274
4. Re: Easter trip 28th Mar-01st Apr

dark:

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

There is plenty to see in Malaga on March 30 even if there are no processions.

5. Re: Easter trip 28th Mar-01st Apr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 27, 2014