We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benalmadena or Fuengirola?

Cork, Ireland
Benalmadena or Fuengirola?

Hi, I have a flight to Malaga in April and I'll be staying for four nights. Going with my brother and we are in mid-twenties. Want to go somewhere that will have good authentic food, a busy nightlife and quality beaches (although I know it may not be too hot). We like going out but not into really pretentious nightclubs.

Open to any destination within a reasonable distance of Malaga. Have heard Benalmadena and Fuengirola are good options and it has also been recommended that we stay in Malaga city. Any thoughts??

We don't require cheap hostel accom. but won't be staying in any five star hotels.

Thanks for any help!!

reviews: 3
1. Re: Benalmadena or Fuengirola?

I think 2 lads will have a better time in benalmadena . Plenty of decent bars and good beaches . However i wouldn't rule anywhere out just have a look for hotels on the usual websites for something that suits you . Also have a look at marbella as your only their for four days it won't break the bank . Wherever you end up staying you will be fine.

scotland
reviews: 118
2. Re: Benalmadena or Fuengirola?

Malaga City would be very good with many good bars and restaurants ( 100's) with good authentic food around Calle Larios / Calle Granada area .

as an example http://www.elpimpi.com/en/

Cork, Ireland
3. Re: Benalmadena or Fuengirola?

Thanks for the feedback!! we will be going to Benalmadena. I considered Marbella but it looks like the nightlife is quite expensive. We are looking to golf and maybe go fishing and I think Benalmadena would be better for that then Malaga. So we have a destination, now to choose a hotel...

4. Re: Benalmadena or Fuengirola?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 26, 2014