We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiclana or near by Spanish Restaurant Recommendations Pleas

Which Chiclana de la Frontera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maidstone, United...
reviews: 10
Chiclana or near by Spanish Restaurant Recommendations Pleas

My family and I are off to Chiclana in just over a week and would welcome some recommendations for good Spanish Restaurants both for the evening and for Menu Del Dia. Incidentally we will have a 7 month and 20 month old child with us too although in my years of living/travelling to Spain, children have always been welcome. Thanks

Maidstone, United...
31. Re: Chiclana or near by Spanish Restaurant Recommendations Pleas

Hi Lindsay....but you are dreading tomorrow and the slog home> . Have been checking on accomodation and have found a neat little villa in Pago De Humo and I know thats where you went on the first part of your holidays. How did you find it there as looking on the map it looks a bit remote? Love me x

Lennoxtown
reviews: 2
32. Re: Chiclana or near by Spanish Restaurant Recommendations Pleas

Hi Terri will private message you in a couple of minutes. Lindsay

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 20
33. Re: Chiclana or near by Spanish Restaurant Recommendations Pleas

We have seen Chiclana and its suburbs grow over the past 10 years, especially within the recent 2 years. It is simply a town that offers everything, if you are prepared to look, drive to the outskirts and explore some of the suburbs, like Pago del Humo, Los Gallos, Marquesada, and of course, The Barrosa.

We are moving to live in Pago del Humo in 2 weeks. Having spent several months each year returning to Chiclana for the past decade, we feel it is time now to enjoy the tranquillity that is in abundance if you want it, or the bustle and fun of hectic scenarios if you need that too.

The people are lovely, very accommodating and whatever you have read about being made welcome, I assure you that if you treat them well, you will be treated similarly in return.

Our favourite restaurant is Casa Blas in Pago. It is now a large restaurant, that caters for every taste, offers excellent food, great service and all at genuine value for money. There are plenty of English people frequenting this restaurant, if you want to know about the area and what it offers, entertainment throughout the summer most evenings, and very easy to find.

There are several beautiful beaches close to Chiclana, all of which are accessible by car, usually followed by a cliff-top view and then a brief walk down the steps to clean, not over-populated sands. just on the outskirts of Conil, back towards La Roché, there are a couple of such beaches with very nice restaurants close to the car parks. The secret is to explore and find them rather than follow directions, that is the fun of driving about and taking an obscure route and then suddenly discovering these hidden treasures.

Anyway, you cannot fail to enjoy Chiclana and its surroundings, just go and plan to explore and attempt the local Chiclanese Spanish, that's fun too.

Lennoxtown
reviews: 2
34. Re: Chiclana or near by Spanish Restaurant Recommendations Pleas

Hi Tony, I am so jealous of your move. If you take a look at message no. 24, it was written from Casa Blas while I enjoyed un zumo de naranja natural at the bar. I would be really happy to hear how you all get on with your move, I am very interested in the legal side of buying in the likes of Pago with it not being urbanised, etc. If you feel you can share any of this information but would prefer to message me rather than on the open forum my husband and I would be grateful for anything you think useful.

Maidstone, United...
35. Re: Chiclana or near by Spanish Restaurant Recommendations Pleas

Fantastic write up thanks very much...How I envy you moving out there where as poor mortals like me just get to go a few times each year. Am back for 5 days in October and will be back in the Spring and Summer and I am getting more and more interested in buying a casa myself. Up until a few years ago I had a place in Majorca which I do now morn although I absolutely sold at the right time. Do keep Lindsey (Campsieclyde ) and I updated on your progress and thanks for the tip re Casa Blas we will try in when we are out early October. Regards Terri

36. Re: Chiclana or near by Spanish Restaurant Recommendations Pleas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Chiclana de la Frontera