We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

Which Cadiz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
reviews: 7
Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

We are thinking of stopping in to Cadiz for a few days during Carnival, which we understand runs from Feb. 7-17 in 2013. We'd appreciate any advice on which days would be best, and on how to get the most enjoyment out of the experience. I'm afraid our spanish is very limited. Gracias.

Maldon, England...
reviews: 21
1. Re: Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

Lucky you. I lived in Cadiz (2005 - 2007) and really enjoyed the carnival weeks. If you really like to party then include the first weekend. The old town turns into one really great fancy dress party. Bars and clubs open all night and makeshift bars and stalls are everywhere. The streets are swimming in rubbish by the morning so don't wear sandals or heels. You'll regret it. On the Sunday there is a parade of floats which visits both old and new town. There is also a fireworks display at La Caleta beach in the old town. During the week the singing groups gather on floats, the streets and in bars. The second weekend is similar to the first but a little quieter with less people and better for families.

Try this link andalucia.com/festival/carnival/cadiz-guide-…

and have a great time.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 7
2. Re: Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

Thank you. It sounds great.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
3. Re: Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

If the weather is kind which normally it is then you will enjoy being in Cadiz during the week. You will find the people generous in spirit and the life good. Good holidays !

Taipei, Taiwan
4. Re: Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

We will arrive Seville airport on Feb 16 14:35.

All of hotels in Cadiz are full in the weekend.

plan A : go to Cadiz on Saturday, spend all night on steet, go to Seville on sunday morning (too tired) .

plan B : go to Cadiz on Sunday morning, go to Seville on Sunday night.

We'd appreciate any advice on which plan would be best.

Taipei, Taiwan
5. Re: Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

We will arrive Seville airport on Feb 16 14:35.

All of hotels in Cadiz are full in the weekend.

plan A : go to Cadiz on Saturday, spend all night on steet, go to Seville on sunday morning (too tired) .

plan B : go to Cadiz on Sunday morning, go to Seville on Sunday night.

We'd appreciate any advice on which plan would be best.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
6. Re: Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

Maybe some bookings will not be taken just for one night. Why not stay Saturday and Sunday night and leave for Seville early Monday ? Or is the timetable too tight ? If the weather is good you will enjoy. I can see that you can book for the weekend - in fact I may do that myself !

New Orleans...
7. Re: Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

We also plan to go to Cadiz for the first Sunday of Carnaval. We will be staying in Sevilla. Any advice on transportation? We were thinking of taking the train. If we are going just for the day, when should we arrive in Cadiz? What time should we head back to Sevilla?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
8. Re: Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

Clearly the grand parade that starts in the newer part of Cadiz and goes down the main street finishing in the old town is the spectacle of the Sunday and this will be in the late afternoon and evening so if you are wanting to stay until the finish you may not get back ! I have a feeling that some extra transport options are available so worth checking much nearer the day as these announcements never get publicised until literally a few days ahead. If you decide to stay late.

If you cannot stay until the big parade followed by the fireworks then go down in the morning and head for the central old town market area (abastos) and you will witness some light hearted and sometimes very excellent chorus singers ! You can get the feel of the Carnaval time in Cadiz.

This may also help.

andalucia.org/en/…

Check with the big Cadiz bus company about any extra buses? www.tgcomes.es

and check with RENFE of course.

Terni
reviews: 2
9. Re: Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

I saw very good information thank this post,.

Could you give me a suggestion how to arrive in Cadiz? I will rent a car and I found a room in "Los Gallos" near Chiclana.

The point I want to stop my car out of Cadiz and take a bus because I don't want to be crazy looking for a parking.

I am having a difficulties finding information about bus or other ideas.

Help me please! :)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
10. Re: Carnival in Cadiz 2013.

www.turismochiclana.es/Buses.814.0.html?&L=1