We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How best to Spend 20 Days

Which Cadiz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
How best to Spend 20 Days

I am a solo senior (old) backpacker landing in Granada on May 19.

My interests are historic sights and history and lots of long scenic walking. Extensive walking around cities such as Granada appeals to me.I speak Spanish well enought o get around.

I have 20 days availble in Andalusia and have so far booked three nights in Granada, and four nights in Seville. So how to spend the other thirteen nights?

After reading the many wonderful posts on this forum it would seem smart to spend three nights in the Jerez de la Fontera area and to use this time to spend a day in Cadiz. That leaves ten nights and the question as to how best to spend this time..

On my way east along the coast, I thought that I might call in at Gibraltar. ( I was last there fifty years ago). Would it be a good idea to stay in Tariffa for a couple of nights so as to get a full day to waste in Gibraltar? Is Tariffa a good spot for a couple of days?

Are there enough interesting places in the Malaga area (trips to Ronda Gibralta etc) to justify spending the ten nights in that area?

Or with my interests would it be more fun to spend more time in Granada. Cordoba and Seville? or?

Would the first week in June be busy/expensive in the Vicinity of Malaga. I don't want fish and chips so is there a quiet scenic town on the coast which would be a good center for day trips and hikes?

Thank you

ps the Cadiz site seems the best site for posting this even though it is a general question. (Thanks Cadiz Lover)

Lake Vinuela...
reviews: 22
1. Re: How best to Spend 20 Days

What a wonderful trip!

Dont miss the inland eastern Costa del Sol and, as you are staying in Granada, a walk round Alhama de Granada with its famous outdoor thermal pools and spectacular gorge (IMO just as impressive as the gorge at Ronda without the tourists!).

Madrid
2. Re: How best to Spend 20 Days

Don't miss Úbeda & Baeza in the province of Jaén, two beautiful and historic towns. You can also taste the cuisine of Jaén at

* Restaurante Museo Agrícola (Úbeda): pipirrana, lomo de orza.

* Restaurante Juanito (Baeza): escabeche de perdiz.

Check this site:

http://geneura.ugr.es/ubeda.html

Vancouver
3. Re: How best to Spend 20 Days

Thank you both very much for taking the time to respond, That is exactly the kind of infomation that I am looking for.

4. Re: How best to Spend 20 Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 23, 2009