there is a halal restaurant in Martinez Rucker st called 'El Sultan'.
Try the 'tortilla de patatas' (potatoes omelette) in 'Casa Santos' (Ma)gistral Gonzalez Francés st.
Some Spanish tapas suggestions, that can be considered as halal:
- Berenjenas fritas (deep fried eggplants, usually with honey topping)
- Salmorejo (cold tomato and bread cream, ask for it without the ham topping)
- All the fried fish (Calamares, calamaritos, chopitos, boquerones, etc...)
- Cheese in olive oil.
- Paella de marisco. (Seafood paella)
- Papas a lo pobre (Deep fried potatoes, green peppers and onion, usually served with a fried egg)
- Papas bravas. (Deep fried potatoes with a hot tomato sauce)
- Papas aliñás (Boiled potatoes salad, seasoned with cubed tomatoes, onions, hard boiled egg and tuna)