We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cordoba and rock of gibralta

Which Cordoba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
cordoba and rock of gibralta

My wife and I are planning a 2 week trip to spain. We plan on spending 2-3 days in Sevilla and Cordoba. We would like to go to the Rock Of Gibralta for a day. Is this feasible from that far north or should be plan on staying further south.

London, United...
reviews: 189
1. Re: cordoba and rock of gibralta

This is a slightly oddly worded question. You say that you are spending 14 days in Spain and 2-3 days in Sevilla and Cordoba. Presume this means 2-3 days in each city? So let's say that you are staying 6 days in total in Sevilla and Cordoba this would leave you with 8 days.

or maybe I have misunderstood entirely. Also you don't say whether you are relying on public transport or have a rental car.

Anyway to make a comment about distances, getting to Gibraltar from Seville is a long drive taking roughly 2 1/2 hours. The road is good however. You head down the Autopista A4 from Seville and pay a Euros 5.15 toll (currently) about 20 minutes south of Seville. When you get past Jerez, you take the A381 toll free road which is modern and good to Los Barrios (also marked Algeciras) and when you get to the coast head for La Linea de la Concepcion which is the Spanish border town next to Gibraltar. Either drive over IF there is no queue, or if there is a queue just find a park nearer the actual border and walk over.

use www.viamichelin.com for getting maps and distances etc incldg routes if you are driving.

getting to Gibraltar by public transport is going to be longer as you will need to rely on buses. There is a train that runs through the hills past Ronda to Algeciras and u can get off at San Rocque station to find a taxi to La Linea.

Hampshire
reviews: 3
2. Re: cordoba and rock of gibralta

Have driven from Gibraltar to Seville many times (last time last September). Toll motorway, about 5 euros to Jerez and then new dual carriageway to Los Barrias, (hardly any traffic at all). Takes about two and a half hours Seville to the border.