We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended time for Seville, Cordoba and Granada?

Which Andalucia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Inverness, Illinois
reviews: 24
Recommended time for Seville, Cordoba and Granada?

My wife and I are planning a 10 day trip to Andalusia in September and are trying to work out an itinerary, having never been there before. We like to explore a few places in a little depth rather than trying to see too many places, allowing us to explore at a more relaxed pace and giving us some down time. With this in mind, we were hoping to visit Seville and Granada primarily, with the following tentative itinerary:

Day 1 arrive in Madrid from Chicago; Madrid to Seville by train; jet-lagged evening in Seville

Day 2,3,4 Seville: 2 days to explore Seville; 1 day for side trip to Cordoba by train

Day 5 bus to Granada; explore Granada

Day 6,7,8 Granada; possible side trips such as Jaén, Alcalá La Real or Sierra Nevadas.

Day 9 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid (bus then train)

Day 10 fly home

OK, are two full days enough in Seville? Is a day trip enough for Cordoba, or should I budget a little more? Are three and a half days too much in Granada, and are any side trips outside of Granada a must see? Finally, am I right in trying not to rent a car unless we are taking these side trips?

Germany
reviews: 16
1. Re: Recommended time for Seville, Cordoba and Granada?

Train travel from Madrid to Sevilla and back from Granada is o.k.,

but I think it would be better to rent a car in Sevilla and drive by car through Andalusia .

2. Re: Recommended time for Seville, Cordoba and Granada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, August 17, 2009