We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re travel by public transport

Which Dresden hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
reviews: 55
re travel by public transport

We are arriving from Prague at 12.45pm tomorrow by train. We are booked into the Akademiehotel which is 20 mins tram ride apparently. Is there a tram stop close to the railway station?We are there for 2 days. What sort of transport pass should we get?

Thanks

Vikki

Miami Beach, Florida
11. Re: re travel by public transport

Thank you again!!!Doral

Perth, Australia
reviews: 39
12. Re: re travel by public transport

Perhaps the floods in Dresden city centre have led to the closure of the museums.

Also can anyone tell me if the trains are still running between Dresden and Erfurt?

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
13. Re: re travel by public transport

>Perhaps the floods in Dresden city centre have led to the closure of the museums.

Nonsense. Monday is traditionally the day when museums (and also most hairdressers) stay closed, and that applies to about all of the country and every Monday of the year except a few public holidays. Nothing to do with floods and not unique for Dresden.

I have just done the train route from Dresden to Erfurt today with a delay of merely 5 minutes. Trains are running. In case problems occur they will send them on a deviation route. The Saale valley looks like a chain of lakes, so if water levels rise further they might affect the railway tracks. But in the following days the problems will rather move further Northwest along the Elbe. The rain has fnally stopped around midday.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 39
14. Re: re travel by public transport

Thank you for the news about rail travel Dresden-Erfurt... big relief.

re closure of museums due to floods: Of course the information about scheduled closures is correct, I was merely suggesting that the current flood situation may lead to additional closures

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
15. Re: re travel by public transport

So far Dresden's centre is not affected, fingers crossed it will stay like this. The Blue Wonder bridge is closed and some suburbs are in trouble. The small towns along the Elbe are the worst. Meißen's centre is flooded, in Pirna's old town, just renovated after the 2002 flood, it starts again.

No problems at all in Erfurt centre. The small river that passes through the city centre (Krämerbrücke) does not show any signs of elevated water level; it might be closed off somehow.

Fife, Scotland
16. Re: re travel by public transport

My family and I are due to travel to Weinboehla near Meissen in the near future. Can anybody provide an update as to the situation there?

Thanks

Dresden
reviews: 3
17. Re: re travel by public transport

Weinböhla is fine, not affected. Neither are the neighbouring towns like Coswig and Radebeul.

Fife, Scotland
18. Re: re travel by public transport

Thanks Eagle2002!

19. Re: re travel by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dresden