We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day tour to weisbaden and rudesheim

Which Mainz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Attard, Malta
reviews: 1
one day tour to weisbaden and rudesheim

i will be in frankfurt next december and i would like to go for a day visiting weisbaden and rudesheim...i can t book the train on line as i did to go to other places...can anyone tell me how i can do this trip

thankyou

5 replies to this topic
Kelkheim (Taunus...
reviews: 25
1. Re: one day tour to weisbaden and rudesheim

You can buy the tickets at the ticket machine in the station

sydney
reviews: 75
2. Re: one day tour to weisbaden and rudesheim

the Rudesheim Xmas market is lovely (and quite touristy - but hey we're tourists) go earlier in the day and make sure you visit Siegfrieds Musical Cabinet (museum) - right at the top of the town - it is one of the best small museums I have ever seen - entry is about 6euro and certainly worth every cent. Tours are available in english & german tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g187345…

as Quiltneedle says - buy your ticket at the station - the red ticket machines - change to english and follow the prompts

cheers

helen

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
reviews: 6
3. Re: one day tour to weisbaden and rudesheim

You can't buy tickets at DB for this journey because they are not issued by DB but by RMV, the local transit authority; cost is 11€ each way from Frankfurt to Rüdesheim. A wiser choice is a daypass. One person can save .50 by getting a "Tageskarte" or daypass (price category 6, 21.50 €.) 2-5 people pay 31.80€ total for a price-level 6 group daypass (Gruppentagskarte,) saving about 12€. Buy these tickets at the station in Frankfurt from a machine.

rmv.de/en/…Tageskarte.html

rmv.de/en/…Gruppentageskarte.html

Ride the direct VIA train from Frankfurt to your destinations and back. The daypass allows stopovers in Wiesbaden and anywhere else you wish. The normal ticket does not and would require you to get a ticket to Wiesbaden, another to Rüdesheim, and another back to Frankfurt.

Edited: 7:01 am, November 15, 2013
Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
reviews: 24
4. Re: one day tour to weisbaden and rudesheim

You can also get a Hessen Ticket that allows travel for up to 5 people from Frankfurt to Wiesbaden and to Ruedesheim all day long. Last time I used one it was 31 euro, but check on the Deutsche Bahn website to see if there was a price increase.

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
reviews: 6
5. Re: one day tour to weisbaden and rudesheim

The Hessenticket is now 32€ for two. It's good for a much wider travel area than you have indicated for this outing, so if you were heading elsewhere as well, it might be a good choice. On weekdays, it does restrict you to travel from 9 am and on, something to consider.

Reply to: one day tour to weisbaden and rudesheim
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted