We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senic smalll towns

Which Kaiserslautern hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lake city mich
Senic smalll towns

We will be in germany from Sept 8 thru 21 and will be staying in the Kaiserslautern area. A while back someone posted on here of a town called ladenburg and this is the type of areas we would like to visit. Can some one tell me of other small towns that have similar senic buildings and views as Ladenburg. Thanks alot I have found the people on this form so helpful in making our plans. Ivan

1 reply
Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
1. Re: Senic smalll towns

Ladenburg is one of the extremely rare places in that region which has not been burned to ashes in the war of 1689, so this little town is unique. Most of the old towns in Palatine and the Upper Rhine valley are hardly older than the baroque era in their general appearance with a handful of older monuments in between - those that stayed unharmed in World War II, that is. Anyway, here are some options fornice places to visit (the links lead to my travel pages over on Virtualtourist).

Ladenburg itself, of course: members.virtualtourist.com/m/f86bd/aa6e/ Also nearby Weinheim which has an equally well preserved old town and a castle ruin on the hill above.

Schwetzingen palace and park: members.virtualtourist.com/m/f86bd/4bcc/

The German Wine Road at the foot of the Palatinate forest with its many pretty wine villages, the town of Neustadt: members.virtualtourist.com/m/f86bd/8675/ - the small spa towns of Bad Dürkheim and Bad Bergzabern: members.virtualtourist.com/m/f86bd/12d39/

Just behind the French border is Wissembourg, which will for sure meet your taste: members.virtualtourist.com/m/f86bd/13f89/

Speyer and Worms both have a rich heritage since the middle ages of both Christian and Jewish life, and plenty of attractions.

In teh opposite direction, the Mosel valley is within reach - again lots of wine villages and towns to choose from. For example Bernkastel-Kues: members.virtualtourist.com/m/f86bd/125c5/ , Zell: members.virtualtourist.com/m/f86bd/1367/ , Traben-Trarbach: members.virtualtourist.com/m/f86bd/35bf/ - just to name a few among many. If you are interested in ancient Roman history, don't miss Trier. I have recently heard enthusiastic reports from my parents about the Saar valley, especially about the town of Saarburg.

Reply to: Senic smalll towns
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kaiserslautern