We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

Hi Folks, looking at the options for getting from Weeze to Dusseldorf and have been able to find the cost of the buses but when looking up the train times for our dates it comes up with the message fares not availiable??. Is anyone able to confirm the approximate cost for the train to / from Weeze to Dusseldorf. Also, what is the best of the two options in terms of convenience, reliability etc.

Thanks in advance

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

Weeze is now part of the VRR local public transport association.

vrr.de/imperia/…verbundraum_vrr_2012.pdf

Thus the VRR tariff applies. Price level E in this case. Single ticket is EUR 15,10 (6-14y old children EUR 1,40). A mini group (up to 5 persons) day ticket is EUR 36,50.

VRR timetable

efa.vrr.de/vrrstd/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2…

To: Düsseldorf Hbf

VRR tickets cover all local public transport: regional trains, S-Bahn, U-Bahn, trams and buses. The tickets for the shuttle buses cover just these.

While Weeze is rather remote, this cannot be said of the rest of the VRR network. One of the largest conurbations in Europe. Not the most punctual trains in Germany. The situation on the roads is worse.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
reviews: 294
2. Re: Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

As Abalada said, Weeze is kind of in the middle of nowhere in German terms. If your plane arrives such that you can get to the train station in time, the train if very much preferable to the bus. The bus is subject to a German phenomenom called "Stau", meaning there is fog, snow,or an accident, or too much traffic and everything just stops.

ZB

London
reviews: 20
3. Re: Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

I've flown into Weeze airport about ten times en route to Dusseldorf and always found the Ryanair bus to be no problem.

It is direct to Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof and is much better than going by local bus to Weeze and then by train to Dusseldorf.

Scotland
4. Re: Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

Thanks for the replys. Looking at the time for when we land , it looks like the best option for us will be to get the shuttle bus to Kevelaer then get the train into Dusseldorf. Just to double check a couple of things, I assume the Kevelaer shuttle takes us direct to the train station?. It looks like the train from Kevelaer is direct to Dusseldorf?

Also in terms of purchasing tickets for both the shuttle bus and train, can this be done onboard or prior to the journey?.

Thanks again for everyones assistance

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 14
5. Re: Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

14 euro by bus.... its about 100 km

Weeze is not the airport of Dusseldorf, mostly use for people from Netherlands and Belgium that leave far from Amsterdam or Brussel.

I booked a flight to weeze.... too long to get to Dosseldorf, I really not recomands

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
6. Re: Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

> assume the Kevelaer shuttle takes us direct to the train station?

It does. But stops however so one dozen times en route. It's not really a shuttle bus - just a local bus. Kevelaer train station is the last stop. Thus you can't do any wrong.

> It looks like the train from Kevelaer is direct to Dusseldorf?

Yes. Again stopovers and Düsseldorf Hbf is the last stop.

> Also in terms of purchasing tickets for both the shuttle bus and train, can this be done onboard or prior to the journey?.

Single tickets: bus driver

day tickets: bus driver or online (through the VRR timetable - the actual shop is however only in German)

Limassol, Cyprus
7. Re: Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

bazzLondon, could you tell me, please, where I can find information about Ryanair bus in Weeze?

Thanks in advance.

London
reviews: 20
8. Re: Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

mstepanov

If you look on the Weeze Airport website,there is a timetable for the buses direct to Dusseldorf.I'm going to Dusseldorf on Thursday for the Karneval!

Limassol, Cyprus
9. Re: Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

Hi bazzLondon,

Thanks for reply. I'm going to Dusseldorf on March 5th and I have to go to International airport then. So, I'll be very appreciated if you post here how long it'll take to rich Dusseldorf by bus.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 16
10. Re: Weeze to Dusseldorf , how much is the Train?

I've flown into Weeze several times, then getting the local shuttle bus to connect to for trains to Moenchengladbach

we have arrived late evening and mid afternoon, there's always a fleet of various buses outside the airport, for onward journeys to various destinations, all appeared to be timed to depart not long after planes have landed

From Weeze to Kevelaer (local station) its about 10-15 minutes, this drops you right outside the train station