We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dusseldorf to Cologne

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Dusseldorf to Cologne

Is it possible to get to Cologne by ferry along the Rhine? If so, how much, how long and how often? Specifically thinking about a saturday.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Dusseldorf to Cologne

No.

Despite its name even KD (= Köln-Düsseldorfer) does (no more?) not operate boats between Cologen (Köln) and Düsseldorf.

Drogheda, Ireland
reviews: 17
2. Re: Dusseldorf to Cologne

I came across this, although I think we are now out of season it would be an interesting day out if the weather was good. I hope its what you are looking for.

koeln-duesseldorfer.com/englisch/index.html

Drogheda, Ireland
reviews: 17
3. Re: Dusseldorf to Cologne

Sorry Abalada, your post only made sense after I posted mine. I didn't realise we were talking about the same company.

Bummed that they don't run anymore, I was hoping to take that trip some day, oh well.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
4. Re: Dusseldorf to Cologne

KD is a merger of 2 boat companies. One from Köln (Cologne), the other from Düsseldorf. Thus the name.

KD was offering regular goods and frights service on the Rhine before this business was lost to the railways. To my knowledge they never operated Cologne to Düsseldorf since they became a leisure boat company (thus since approx. 100 years). This is just not the most interesting/demanded part of the Rhine.

KD is the oldest stock corporation on the planet listed at a stock exchange without any interruption.

london
5. Re: Dusseldorf to Cologne

Thanks for your replies even tough they wasn`t what i wanted. I suppose it`s back to the train.

6. Re: Dusseldorf to Cologne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dusseldorf