We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get from Dortmund Airport to Brühl?

Which Dortmund hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bruehl, Germany
How do I get from Dortmund Airport to Brühl?

Hello!

Is there a direct RE train from Holzwickede train station to Brühl? Or I can only take one to Köln Nord and then take the tram No. 18 to Brühl?

Thanks!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: How do I get from Dortmund Airport to Brühl?

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Holzwickede

Destination: Brühl

Destination: Brühl Mitte, Brühl (Rheinland)

and select as means of transport "only local transport".

No direct trains from Holzwickede to Brühl train station. You can also change in Colgone to tram line #18. Which is better depends on your final destination in Brühl. If you want to buy a ticket online buy one to "Brühl" (EUR 22,10). NRW fare tickets are zone-to-zone local public transport tickets. With such a ticket you can also use the tram and the buses in Brühl. DB timetable knows however not about tram fares. If you query to a tram stop in Brühl DB timetable will show only partial fare (to Cologne). And with such a ticket you could only travel to Cologne - but not to Brühl.

Bruehl, Germany
2. Re: How do I get from Dortmund Airport to Brühl?

So I must take a train from Holzwickede to Colgone and then change in Colgone to tram line #18. My final destination is Brühl-Vochem(tram line #18 station). So the online ticket with EUR 22,10 includes train from Holzwickede to Colgone and the tram #18 to Brühl-Vochem?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
3. Re: How do I get from Dortmund Airport to Brühl?

2 x yes

Bruehl, Germany
4. Re: How do I get from Dortmund Airport to Brühl?

Thanks!

5. Re: How do I get from Dortmund Airport to Brühl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 25, 2013