We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton or Marriott for one-night visit?

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 3
Hilton or Marriott for one-night visit?

Hi -- Will be in Cologne for just one night in early December (quick trip from Paris) to hit Christmas markets, walk around old town, soak up the atmosphere, etc. Have points to use at either Marriott or Hilton but can't decide between them. Reviews seem marginally better on the Marriott, but the Hilton seems to have a better location (and sounds like a good gym). Can I really go wrong with either one? Thanks.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Cologne
reviews: 22
1. Re: Hilton or Marriott for one-night visit?

I think you cannot go wrong with either. If it is the Hilton near the cathedral the location is perfect. Not on a busy main road, but literally only 2 minutes away from central station, the cathedral and the Christmas market there. Especially if you ar only there for a night, that would be helpful to spend more time on the markets, and the brewery houses to try the local Koelsch.

Bergen County, New...
reviews: 130
2. Re: Hilton or Marriott for one-night visit?

Agreed, the Hilton is slightly better, and has very attractive, modern rooms. It looks younger than its 11 years. The breakfast room is very crowded on business mornings. I've walked by the Marriott and I'm sure it's fine, but slightly farther (but still walkable in good weather) from the attractions. It's nice that the Hilton is eminently a "Train Station Hotel", but you cannot /see/ the (very modern) station from anywhere at the hotel. And as stated, the Cathedral and its nearby museums are almost as close to the Hilton as to the Hauptbahnhof.

Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 3
3. Re: Hilton or Marriott for one-night visit?

Thanks. The Hilton it is!

4. Re: Hilton or Marriott for one-night visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cologne