We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants/Beer Halls - Family Friendly?

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wood Dale, Illinois
Restaurants/Beer Halls - Family Friendly?

Hi- I am wondering if anyone knows how family friendly the restaurants and/or beer halls are in Cologne? We will be traveling with our 2 boys, age 7 and 4. I know that in Bavaria kids are welcome in the biergartens (many even have playgrounds), but was wondering if it was similar in Cologne.

Thanks!

Kelkheim (Taunus...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Restaurants/Beer Halls - Family Friendly?

no problem at all. Maybe not late in the evening.

Wood Dale, Illinois
2. Re: Restaurants/Beer Halls - Family Friendly?

Well what is late in the evening over there? My guess is we would not be in any places past 9PM or so...

Portland, Oregon USA
3. Re: Restaurants/Beer Halls - Family Friendly?

There are many restaurants along the river and in the Old Town area with outdoor seating. You and your children should be welcome in any of them.

Essen, Germany
reviews: 89
4. Re: Restaurants/Beer Halls - Family Friendly?

I don´t think that it might be a "problem" but as it might be pretty crowded and loud inside the brewery houses perhaps the kids don´t like it so much. I would try to choose a location with outdoor seating too (if the weather is nice).

Oregon
reviews: 15
5. Re: Restaurants/Beer Halls - Family Friendly?

One thing to keep in mind regarding outdoor seating however--if you or your kids are sensitive to tobacco smoke. The outside seating is where you will possibly--and most likely--encounter what passes for a smoking section. It can be problematic, depending on your sensitivities.

Essen, Germany
reviews: 89
6. Re: Restaurants/Beer Halls - Family Friendly?

Geez! I have forgotten the new smoking restriction rules, as I don´t smoke.

Yes, mongrelmuppet is right, as it is strictly forbidden now to smoke inside ANY restaurant, bar or cafe all the smokers are sitting (or standing) outside.

7. Re: Restaurants/Beer Halls - Family Friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 06, 2014