We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manufactum

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essen, Germany
reviews: 89
Manufactum

Normally I don´t recommend shops, frankly there is a huge competition everywhere, but this one is a very special shop and you shouldn´t miss at least a short look.

When we came out of the Kolumba (another very interesting museum and church) it was raining and we noticed this shop just across the street. This chain is well known in Germany for many things of the daily use, food, housewares, cosmetics, leather, cloth, furnitures, nearly everything you can imagine, in a very high quality, sometimes handmade or produced in traditional German handicraft business and sometimes a little old fashioned or retro. But of course the items come at a price!

If you want to buy some gifts or any German stuff, but not the typical souvenirs, this might be a good chance to make some very special purchases.

There is a kind of bistro in the shop too, where you can try and enjoy some of those specialities.

www.manufactum.de/manufactum-koeln-c-65/

manufactum.de/monatsbrief-8-dezember-2012-c1…

Hamburg, Germany
Destination Expert
for Hamburg
reviews: 15
1. Re: Manufactum

Agree Manufactum is great and not just the Cologne one. ;)

Essen, Germany
2. Re: Manufactum

Of course there are Manufactum shops in many cities and you can even buy their stuff online.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Cologne
reviews: 22
3. Re: Manufactum

Why am I not surprised that our female contributers come up with good shopping advise ;)

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 78
4. Re: Manufactum

Not all women like shopping, I hate shopping unless I know what I'm going for. In Cologne, I know what I want food and drink - bring it on.

Essen, Germany
5. Re: Manufactum

Well, normally I don´t use to shop at this Manufactum, because it is very expensive. But they have wonderful and stunning items, sometimes a little nostalgic and retro, sometimes straight-line and simple looking but VERY good quality. And you can purchase delicious food there too, EG. hand made bread (EG with walnut!) and pastries, jam, honey, cheese and sausages, oil vinaigre, ASO. And of course wine:-)!

And you can be sure not to get these usual trashy souvenir things:-))!

Edited: 12:08 pm, November 26, 2012
6. Re: Manufactum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, December 17, 2013