We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cologne for the World Cup 2006

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aylesbury, Bucks, UK
reviews: 3
Cologne for the World Cup 2006

I've just booked into the Flandrischer Hof for one night during the tournament to catch the England v Sweden game. I understand the hotel to be East of the city centre

Can anybody recommend the best way of travelling around the city (other than cabs)?

We will be arriving in Cologne by train with little luggage, so a few ideas about using the tube system would be welcome.

I'm also after any restaurant or bar recommendations for two fairly gregarious, ardently non-hooligan, thirty/forty somethings!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Cologne for the World Cup 2006

railroad and tram lines in Cologne

vrsinfo.de/download/5_2_SVP2006_RegionKoeln.…

bus lines Cologne

vrsinfo.de/download/5_2_Busnetzplan2006_Koel…

A mini group (2-5 persons) day ticket for Cologne is EUR 9,00. This ticket is on weekdays however only valid past 9am.

It covers:

- local trains (RB, RE)

- S-Bahn

- trams (Stadtbahn)

- buses

Aylesbury, Bucks, UK
reviews: 3
2. Re: Cologne for the World Cup 2006

Thank you. I'm sure that those links will come in handy.

Maidstone, United...
reviews: 24
3. Re: Cologne for the World Cup 2006

I am going to the Cologne Carnival, (again), and know the centre quite well. Your best choices for eating would be in the Old Town, which is the area South of the main station and Cathederal on the same side of, and next to the river.

You could probably walk to there from your hotel in about 15 minutes. The route should take you past other possibilities as well.

Maidstone, United...
reviews: 24
4. Re: Cologne for the World Cup 2006

I've just realised what you posted above, your hotel is actually to THE WEST of the city centre. For a good map go to;

www.hot-map.de

Which has great maps World wide.