We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency settings on Tripadvisor

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
Currency settings on Tripadvisor

I can't use this website at all because the currency has been selected FOR ME based, obviously, on where I am right now. That is ridiculous. As a travel website, surely you tripadvisor guys understand some of us are actually TRAVELLING when we make our next bookings, and these CFAs (Benin francs?) are not familiar to me. Seriously, dudes, unless I am being terribly thick and haven't figured out how to set in my own choice of currency, this is a major flaw. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? In the meantime, I'm off to find another more useful website.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
reviews: 78
1. Re: Currency settings on Tripadvisor

"you trip advisor guys" ... sorry Angie - us TA guys are a bunch of fellow travellers who offer help., advice, suggestions etc to poeple who pose sensible (and sometimes not so sensible) questions about upcoming holidays. we are ALL volunteers

if you are after info on the cost of accommodation - perhaps you should trot off to somewhere like booking.com or agoda.com where you can tell it what currency you want the price shown in.

and failing that - you could always open a currency converter site in the next tab - www.xe.com works for me

<In the meantime, I'm off to find another more useful website.> ... that's probably going to be perfectly fine with us

Edited: 3:03 am, November 19, 2013
Adelaide
reviews: 198
2. Re: Currency settings on Tripadvisor

Angie, we are not travel agents. This site is not a travel agency. And the German forum is not the place to vent.

You're obviously in the wrong place to start with. Gook luck finding the right one.

USA
reviews: 214
3. Re: Currency settings on Tripadvisor

TripAdvisor staff reported this on November 14, 2013:

"We recently changed the way we are displaying currency on our site. We now display currency that matches your location, regardless of the TripAdvisor language site you are visiting. So for example, members in New Zealand will now see prices in NZD, and French Canadian speakers using our TripAdvisor.frsite can see CAN.

"We are close to releasing a currency picker that will allow people to override this default currency and choose whatever currency they wish to see on any of our language sites (for example if you are traveling outside your home country and wish to see currency different from where you are located). We are finalizing testing and expect this global currency picker to be released by early December."

tripadvisor.com/…54074484

4. Re: Currency settings on Tripadvisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 21, 2014