We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a SIM Card

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ahmedabad, India
Buying a SIM Card

Hi,

I am in Germany for a week for an exhibition from October 17 to October 23.

I wanted to know where I could buy a local sim card with a data plan. I need it just to check email.

Could I buy it at Frankfurt Airport ?

If yes, do you have any idea about how much it would cost ?

Thanks in Advance

Agam

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
reviews: 100
1. Re: Buying a SIM Card

I've used Blauworld and been pleased. Others prefer other companies. Yes, it's available at the airport. Here's the link. http://www.blauworld.de/?locale=en

If you buy a sim card, ask the seller to activate it for you. It's easy for the seller to activate it but harder for the buyer, since it usually requires a computer and knowledge of the local language.

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Buying a SIM Card

I use Vodafone Websessions, available at any Vodafone storefront shop. I've had perfect coverage throughout Germany on their network.

vodafone.de/privat/…prepaid-websessions.html

Mississauga, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Buying a SIM Card

where is blauworld located in the airport?

would 20 euro cover me for 4 days for internet?

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Buying a SIM Card

I always use a Vodafone sim for my iPad - great coverage - online is in English (I've read that Blauworld online is only in German.)

Here's a pdf, in German only, but you'll see the rate info and you can judge for yourself.

http://www.vodafone.de/infofaxe/379.pdf

There are lots of Vodafone storefronts. Someone in the store will cut the sim to what you need and it's easy to set up - you can purchase time/data at the store or online.

Edited: 10:06 am, September 26, 2013
Israel
reviews: 1
5. Re: Buying a SIM Card

Does Vodafone have 3G coverage in the Black Forest area ?

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
reviews: 100
6. Re: Buying a SIM Card

Here's the link to various electronics stores in the Frankfurt airport. frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airp… I got a Blauworld sim at the Fotec store in the airport.

Whichever sim card you get, ask the seller about internet. There are various plans for various levels of use.

Edited: 6:57 pm, September 26, 2013
Israel
reviews: 1
7. Re: Buying a SIM Card

The Vodafone prepaid SIM that sells for 10 euros, includes 200MB of data access. I wonder if after using up those 200MB, are they killing your data connection or just slowing it down ?

8. Re: Buying a SIM Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 29, 2014