We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Markets

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Inverness, United...
reviews: 2
Christmas Markets

I am looking to book a long weekend at the beginning of December to Germany, quite interested in visisting the Christmas Markets.

Have been looking at Frankfurt, flight prices are cheapest to here. Can anyone advise if this is the best place to visit for Christmas Markets and which areas we should be looking at for accommodation?

Thanks!

Wexford, Ireland
reviews: 18
1. Re: Christmas Markets

We have been to Frankfurt twice for Xmas markets. Very enjoyable. We stayed in best western scala and it was central to markets. Other hotels near markets nh Frankfurt city, Neuf Kramer and Miramar. We also stayed excelsior hotel at central train station, very convenient for airport and city due to tram service. Going to Mainz this year. Have also been to dusseldorf, Hamburg and my favourite Bremen. Enjoy.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
reviews: 24
2. Re: Christmas Markets

If you are in Frankfurt, you could also visit the markets in Mainz, Wiesbaden, Bad Homburg, Darmstadt, Heidelberg, & Seligenstadt.

Fort Worth, Texas
3. Re: Christmas Markets

The Baden-Baden webiste says the Christmas Market runs until Decmeber 30th.

Does anyone know if it will be open on the 25th and/or the 26th?

Surrey, England
reviews: 60
4. Re: Christmas Markets

If you still look for alternatives to Frankfurt, I can highly recommend Christmas Markets in Cologne and Hamburg. I also visited Munich twice as they have my favourite Xmas markets ever, great atmosphere and food. Two years ago we hired a car in Frankfurt and drove to Heidelberg as there are lovely markets there too. Heidelberg is so charming.

Fort Worth, Texas
5. Re: Christmas Markets

We are scheduled to arrive in Frankfurt on the morning of the 24th, so i am trying to find a market that may be open on the 25th or later. Any ideas?

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
reviews: 24
6. Re: Christmas Markets

Speyer might have their market open.

If you are in Frankfurt on the 24th, you need to come downtown for the Pealing of the Bells at 1700. This is 50 bells from 10 churches, all ringing for 30 min. This is where all the Frankfurters will be. Also lots of great organ concerts in the various churches that day and the next.

You will need reservations at a nice hotel for dinner on the 24th, as all of the restaurants will be closed after about 1400.

Fort Worth, Texas
7. Re: Christmas Markets

Thanks for the tip, the Pealing of the Bells sounds like a great event!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 4
8. Re: Christmas Markets

It's a bit of a hike, but take the ICE to Cologne and take the Thalys or an ICE to Brussels. The Christmas market at the Grande Place is open through January 5 and also open on Christmas Day. visitbrussels.be/bitc/…christmas-market.do

9. Re: Christmas Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 20, 2014