We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 hours at Frankfurt Airport - what to do?

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Umhlanga Rocks...
reviews: 2
12 hours at Frankfurt Airport - what to do?

I have a 12 hour layover in Frankfurt Airport on route back to South Africa. Unfortunately not traveling under a Schengen Visa so I cannot leave the airport and I'm only Economy Class.

Any suggestions as to how to pass the time? I'm arriving at 09h35 in the morning and only fly out again at 22h05 which makes it a decidedly long day! I've never been through this airport before so I don't know what options are available to me. Is there a lounge that I can pay to get in?

Thanks

Durban, South Africa
1. Re: 12 hours at Frankfurt Airport - what to do?

i also need some advice 9 hrs at frankfurt airport, what to do

Kelkheim (Taunus...
reviews: 30
2. Re: 12 hours at Frankfurt Airport - what to do?

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g187337-i301-k68093…

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
reviews: 24
3. Re: 12 hours at Frankfurt Airport - what to do?

If Rajas if from S. Africa, he will need a visa to leave the airport. Stuck behind security, all you can do is shop, eat, or go to a lounge.

New York
reviews: 87
4. Re: 12 hours at Frankfurt Airport - what to do?

There is a shower available to the public for about 8 Euros.

5. Re: 12 hours at Frankfurt Airport - what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Frankfurt