We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Karlsruhe from Frankfurt airport

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore...
Travel to Karlsruhe from Frankfurt airport

Hi,

I have two 23 kgs checck-in baggage and one cabin baggage. I need to travel to Karlsruhe from Frankfurt.

Will I be able to get a cart from the airport to tug my luggage till the Railway station ?

How long does the train stop in Frankfurt and Karsruhe .. Will I have suffecient time to get my luggage from the train?.

I would like to take the direct train to Karlsruhe and will be reaching at 9.00 am , how to go to the station ? can you please help me with the information?.

Thanks and Regards,

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Travel to Karlsruhe from Frankfurt airport

To Karlsruhe you have to take a train from the Fernbahnhof (long distance train station). This is a building connected with Terminal 1 by indoor walkways. You can tug your luggage there. Just follow the signs to the Fernbahnhof. Will need approx. 10 minutes.

If you arrive at Terminal 2 you have to take the SkyLine train (monorail) to Terminal 1 first.

The trains will stop for 2-3 minutes. Get your luggage to the door room before the train stop in Karlsruhe.

Bangalore...
2. Re: Travel to Karlsruhe from Frankfurt airport

Thanks a lot .. that was a very useful information.

Can you please also let me know if they would allow me to take the cart from the airport to the Fernbahnhof station and drop it there?.

Also, when you say door room, do you mean the place marked on the station for the doors to open?. Or is there a seperate location where I should put my luggage?

Thanks and Regards,

Rekha

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
3. Re: Travel to Karlsruhe from Frankfurt airport

Abalada mens to say: Get up from your seat and carry your luggage to the door in time BEFORE your train arrives in Karlsruhe so you can alight immediately. If you stay in your seat until the train stoips, you will never make it. People are waiting on the platform to board the train and will start entering the train as soon as the doors are clear.

4. Re: Travel to Karlsruhe from Frankfurt airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 26, 2014