We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation help for couple early 50's

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
reviews: 29
Accommodation help for couple early 50's

Im booking my parents travels to europe in march, and they will be spending 2 nights in Frankfurt from the 11th March. They will be coming off the train from munich, then catching another train to cologne after their stay. My question is which area/hotels should i be looking at?? Ideally they will do sightseeing/shopping during the day and are more than capable of walking or catching public transport, however the key is that they are in a good/safe area and somewhere with restaurants nearby so they can go for dinner in the evenings. Budgeting around 200e a night. There seems to be a lot of hotels based around the central station, is this a good area?or should i be looking more around the zeil? Any advice would be wonderful. Im not sure where all the touristy stuff is in frankfurt.thanks

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
reviews: 24
1. Re: Accommodation help for couple early 50's

There is a big trade fair beginning the 12th, so this will make hotel prices skyrocket for that night.

Checking www.hrs.com there were a lot of hotels available, where the first night at a bargain rate evens out the high rate for the next night.

My recommendations, considering good central locations, reputation and price would be:

Adina apts., Lindner, Alexander am Zoo, Spener Haus, Mirimar Hotel, Hotel am Berg, and at a bit higher price, the Hilton, Flemings City Deluxe, and the Westin.

The tourist stuff and all the many museums are central city and along the river.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 72
2. Re: Accommodation help for couple early 50's

Alexander am Zoo is very nice. Huge breakfasts included in the room price and the neighborhood is great - it's also very close to Berger Strasse, which as a lot of good restaurants and the U7 U-bahn line which goes into the Zeil. Frankfurt is a relatively compact city and easy to get around via walking and public transport (as long as you can figure out the ticketing system). I would chose the area around the Zoo or the West End over the Zeil or the Hauptbahnhof.

3. Re: Accommodation help for couple early 50's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 17, 2013