We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Frankfurt

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 26
Restaurants in Frankfurt

My wife and I along with my mother and father in law will be visiting Frankfurt early in December for the Xmas fair. Can anybody recommend any restaurants that are typically German in atmosphere and do German cuisine please. We would like to savour the real Germany and somewhere that is not too touristy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Baden-Baden, Germany
reviews: 95
1. Re: Restaurants in Frankfurt

You will find such restaurants in the area called Sachsenhausen opposite the downtown area on the other side of the river Main. Here you will find many typical restaurants serving 'applewoi' which is a fermented apple juice. A Frankfurt dish is 'Ripple mit Kraut' which are smoked pork chops with sauerkraut. Have fun in Frankfurt !

Hanau, Germany
reviews: 30
2. Re: Restaurants in Frankfurt

I would try to avoid an area called "Alt-Sachsenhausen" (Old Sachsenhausen) because this is a tourist hotspot in Frankfurt. There should be some nice restaurants in the Mörfelder Landstraße. I'm not too familiar withbthe names though.