We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Reeperbahn

Which Hamburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Away from home
reviews: 4
Airport to Reeperbahn

Hi Everyone,

Can someone advise the easiest way to get from the Airport to the Pyjama Park Hotel below?

Pyjama Park Hotel und Hostel ,Reeperbahn 36, 20359 Hamburg, Germany

I am assuming train would be best but if anyone can recommend a cheaper transfer for 14 people that would be great.

Thanks in advance

SotD

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Airport to Reeperbahn

HVV timetable

http://www.hvv.de/en/

To: Hamburg, Reepberbahn 36

Either S1 to Barmbek and change there to the U3 for St. Pauli and walk from there (6 min). Or S1 to Landungsbrücken and walk from there (11 min).

Best deal will be to buy 3 mini group tickets for EUR 10,40 each. One mini group day ticket is good for up to 5 persons.

hvv.de/en/…

Hamburg, Germany
Destination Expert
for Hamburg
reviews: 15
2. Re: Airport to Reeperbahn

Do not go to Landungsbrücken, especially if you have luggage, as you will either have to go up a hill or stairs - the most convenient is definitely getting off at the underground stop St. Pauli. While it says 6 mins on the official HVV website it might be even less.

If you stay longer and you want to do tourist-y stuff you may also want to consider the Hamburg Card - slightly more expensive it not only gives you free transport but discounts at a large number of places, not just tourist attractions but also e.g. 20% at the nice Herzblut restaurant/bar on the Reeperbahn.

hvv.de/en/tickets/day-tickets/hamburg-card/

hamburg-travel.com/search-booking/…

Away from home
reviews: 4
3. Re: Airport to Reeperbahn

Thanks for those options.

For ease can I get the S1 from the Airport to the Reeperbahn stop and walk up?

Ed

Hamburg, Germany
Destination Expert
for Hamburg
4. Re: Airport to Reeperbahn

yes you can. It takes about 10 mins to walk from station to hotel plus slightly longer journey.

Perth, Australia
5. Re: Airport to Reeperbahn

Hi,

I also need some confirmation on this query and are staying in the same area.

My husband and I are staying at the Ibis Hamburg St Pauli Messe and we will have two medium size suitcases and also two small hand luggage. We will arrive at 6.30pm. By the time we get through customs etc would you suggest we take the train or just take a taxi? If we go by rail have I got it right? We take the S1 to Barmbek, change trains and take the U3 to St Pauli and walk from there?

Thankyou

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
6. Re: Airport to Reeperbahn

> By the time we get through customs etc would you suggest we take the train or just take a taxi?

You can safely take the train all times. If you arrive in Hamburg the next few weeks civil twilight ends towards 11 pm. Thus it will be bright daylight when traveling to your hotel.

It's a few minutes faster if you take the S1 -> U1 -> U3. But with luggage the route via Barmbek with only 1 change is more convenient.

Edited: 3:33 am, June 12, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Destination Expert
for Hamburg
7. Re: Airport to Reeperbahn

I suggest you change in Barmbek changing from the S1 to the U3. There is no lift at the S-Bahn in Ohlsdorf, just escalators upstairs - I personally find it even with small luggage always a bit scary to walk down these stairs as they are rather steep.

The lifts in Barmbek at the S-Bahn platform usually work plus there are escalators upstairs to the platform your underground leaves from.

Customs and passport control in Hamburg is usually really quick, often baggage claim starts the moment I get to the area.

Do not know on what flight you come in, but if even you come in, let's say, from London or even Dubai, where you still have a passport control etc., and have to pick up a bag it hardly ever takes longer than 20-25 mins for all, even for non EU citizens. So you should be able to get a train around 7pm, so still early with rush hour just ending then.

Edited: 3:49 am, June 12, 2013
Perth, Australia
8. Re: Airport to Reeperbahn

Thank you to both for your reply's. We will not be there until the 2nd September and are arriving from Australia via Helsinki, long flight, 241/2 hours. I am dreading the flight on the other hand my husband is looking forward to it.

Thanks

UK
reviews: 26
9. Re: Airport to Reeperbahn

If you're flying via Helsinki you will be clearing Immigration there - so all you have to do in Hamburg is walk out to the baggage hall and pick up your bags.

After a 24 hour flight I think you want to consider splashing out on a taxi... I would! (And I'm normally very much a public transport person)

reviews: 7
10. Re: Airport to Reeperbahn

If I am staying in superbude hostel, I've been told 15 min walk from reeperbhan, what is the most direct route there, don't mind walking from reeperbhan.

Thanks