We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamburg New Year

Which Hamburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
reviews: 86
Hamburg New Year

Hi all

I'm thinking of spending New Year in Hamburg. Main question is- is it a good place to go?

I don't want crazy partying, just to have a couple of drinks and see some fireworks.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Luneburg, Germany
reviews: 38
1. Re: Hamburg New Year

Hamburg is great for new years eve!

There is a big open air party with fireworks at St. Pauli Landungsbrücken.

http://www.hadag.de/e_silvester.php

www.whatsonwhen.com/sisp/index.htm…

Hannover, Germany
reviews: 160
2. Re: Hamburg New Year

Please don't go to Landungsbruecken. It is really dangerous. People are incredibly drunk and throw fireworks into the crowd. They also throw glass bottles, there are fights, etc. I have been there and would never in my life go again.

Hamburg, Germany
reviews: 20
3. Re: Hamburg New Year

Agree wirth Gernereiserin!!!

DO NOT GO any crowded place!!!

Hamburg is the most dangerous on any New Years Eve!!! I am not kidding or exaggerating!!!

Avoid the underground stations!!!

Too many drunk people and especially stupid kids firing crackers inside the underground station!!!!!! It's super loud and dangerous, too!!!

Also very dangerous on the "Jungfernstieg" (City Centre in whole actually)... There are those idiots, who fire firework rockets HORIZONTALLY directly into the masses of people!!!

Even if there are little children..

If you want to enjoy NYE in Hamburg find a quiet place!

Try to stay INSIDE and enjoy the view!

Maybe book a table in one of the restaurants on the Elbe river in the harbour of Hamburg.

As much as I love Hamburg.. I truely hate it on New Years Eve!

Perth, Australia
4. Re: Hamburg New Year

do you think it is a good idea to buy tickets to a party beforehand or just rock up in hamburg on new years and then decide? i just dont want to buy a ticket for a place where i am not even sure if it will be any good. and it will be really cold too so not sure how long we would be able to last outside.

Moscow, Russia
5. Re: Hamburg New Year

Hi, there, I`m gonna spend New Year Eve and first 3 days of Jan. in Hamburg too. I`m a 25 years old girl, I can hardly speak German and I`m traveling alone... I`m leaving Hamburg for Amsterdam 3Jan to meet some friends but have absolutely no idea what to do alone in Hamburg before it. I guess, all the museums are gonna be closed, I`ve checked Hadag, they don`t have any more tickets, everything is sold out... What to do/ what to see/where to go? Any advices, please-please-please-please? marianna_ael@yahoo.com

Edited: 6:06 am, December 28, 2011
6. Re: Hamburg New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, December 30, 2012