We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Potsdam - off the beaten track

Which Potsdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bath, United Kingdom
reviews: 2
Potsdam - off the beaten track

Potsdam is a city rightly famous for its parks and palaces. I have visited all a number of times, as well as the Glienicker Brücke and the Russian and Dutch quarters.

I am now looking for alternative, perhaps less well known, points of interest in Brandenburg's capital city. I enjoy exploring World War II and Cold War history and impressive architecture and landscapes (such as parks or gardens). Also, any museums of any kind which may be notable.

I thank you in advance for any recommendations.

Bath, United Kingdom
1. Re: Potsdam - off the beaten track

Anyone?

Bath, United Kingdom
2. Re: Potsdam - off the beaten track

I return your attention to this question...

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Bath, United Kingdom
3. Re: Potsdam - off the beaten track

In preparation for an upcoming trip to Berlin, I revive this question in the hope that someone may have some ideas for alternative things to do in Potsdam.

Weston super Mare...
reviews: 165
4. Re: Potsdam - off the beaten track

I'm afraid to say that you seem to have visited all the major attractions in Potsdam! The palaces and parks are always worth visiting at any time of the year, although my recent visit was in the snow which made going around the parks a it tricky! So I amused myself by wandering around the town, looking at the buildings (which a snowfall always makes look different!) and visiting the Christmas Market. I did go and visit the Nikolaikirche for the first time, as I rather like Karl Friedrich Schinkel's buildings.

Sorry I cant be of more help!

Colin

5. Re: Potsdam - off the beaten track

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, May 12, 2014